Scapin in red chromovelato finish

Page Turner

...that's a pump peg, but usually when you bought these they came as bare frames to build up anyway.  So on your own for pump.

I think that might be the reason it's "an eclectic mix of parts", with a Suntour front derailleur, Campy NR crank, and Dura Ace brakes.

Even the Campy seat post is from a different era than the NR rear derailleur, and the hubs are mismatched. But I probably have a full group I can put on it somewhere out in the garage.

Not sure I want to build wheels for it until I ride it for a while, and see how it feels.  I might be getting too old for these full race Crit frames. :(

• Heart 1
  • Thank You 1

5 hours ago, Page Turner said:

...that's a pump peg, but usually when you bought these they came as bare frames to build up anyway.  So on your own for pump.

I think that might be the reason it's "an eclectic mix of parts", with a Suntour front derailleur, Campy NR crank, and Dura Ace brakes.

Even the Campy seat post is from a different era than the NR rear derailleur, and the hubs are mismatched. But I probably have a full group I can put on it somewhere out in the garage.

Not sure I want to build wheels for it until I ride it for a while, and see how it feels.  I might be getting too old for these full race Crit frames. :(

I was wondering myself on the eclectic mix of parts from different eras.  

It always bummed me out how the downtubes always get dinged up by the brake bolt but it’s actually not that bad on that one. 

2D5DA0D1-833B-40EA-A783-A50E1AFCC0C6.jpeg

8 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

No one wants to comment on the valve stem to tire label misalignment????  I thought @Page Turner was a pro. A purist. A guy who pays attention to the tiniest of details. :dontknow:

...this was how I got it from the kid in El Cerrito, on CL.  I took it apart yesterday, and will at least polish it up a little.

Today I hunted around in the milk crates in the garage, and I think I came up with a full Campy group.

I wanted you to see what I started out with this time, because sometimes I think you don't really appreciate the magic.

• Hugs 1