I’ll be home soon!

groupw

5 hours ago, groupw said:

I haven’t been here much with all the move stuff. Being homeless has an effect on you! That changes tomorrow! We signed the final papers and did the walk through on our new home today. Ready to turn the page!

Awesome news! I won’t refer to you as Tumbleweed anymore. Enjoy the new chapter in your life.

• Heart 2

9 hours ago, groupw said:

I haven’t been here much with all the move stuff. Being homeless has an effect on you! That changes tomorrow! We signed the final papers and did the walk through on our new home today. Ready to turn the page!

So did you just keep the rental truck loaded? I didn’t realize you were this close to closing. When my son moved last year he had to be out of his house a few days before he was able to get into his new house so he rented a storage building for a few days.

• Heart 2

9 hours ago, groupw said:

I'm thrilled for you!

I remember what it was like, after 15 months in an apartment and 1 in a hotel, moving into my house - same address as before but almost completely rebuilt.  It's a great new experience and great to know you're settled!

• Heart 2

1 hour ago, Randomguy said:

I drove through a tumbleweed storm/migration in AZ once, it took about 45 minutes to get through it all.  It was great fun!

Those things are brittle and hard and shatter in a fun way when the car hits them.  I was initially concerned what they would do to the car, but then I realized I was driving my '81 Buick Skylark so it really didn't matter.

We had the tumbleweed stampede the first day with 40+ mph cross winds!

• Heart 2

1 hour ago, Longjohn said:

So did you just keep the rental truck loaded? I didn’t realize you were this close to closing. When my son moved last year he had to be out of his house a few days before he was able to get into his new house so he rented a storage building for a few days.

We kept it in the truck. When we were sure it was only going to be a couple extra days, we called Penske. It was going to be $100 per day extra. I said that was fair. We had to wait for the seller to get his s#!t together. The lady said in that case, we’ll only charge $50 per day! I didn’t complain!

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 2