So, who died in your house?

Randomguy

Now you can find out.

http://www.diedinhouse.com/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Congratulations—you've found the perfect prewar apartment overlooking the park! It has everything: Restored hardwood floors, enormous windows, a red brick decorative fireplace...and the souls of several dead people.

You didn't think you were the first person to live in a 150-year-old brownstone, did you? That is adorably naive. No, you were not the first person to whine about its rattling pipes and hard-to-furnish L-shaped living room. And you won't be the first person to die in it, either. But why speculate? A new website,DiedInHouse.com, will tell you just how many former residents sucked in their final desperate breath in that very spot you've selected for your Sodastream.

It's easy—just enter your address and credit card information (the service costs an eminently reasonable $11.99) and voila—you will be apprised of who has died in your home, when, and more importantly, how they died. It is then up to you and your family to determine who gets the bedroom where the murder/suicide took place, though unfortunately the site does not offer any sort of family mediation service so you're really on your own there.

This, however, is not a joking matter. An extensive FAQ addresses several questions you should have: 

Q: How was the idea for the website developed?

A: I found out that someone had died in my house before I bought it, I assumed it was part of the disclosure process, but found out that it was not. I discovered that most states do not have any laws to disclose a death occurrence in a property no matter how it occurred (murder, suicide, accident, illness or natural). I discovered that there is not a single place to go and that the research is very time consuming.

Q: Do people care if there is a death in a property?

A: Yes, a 2007 Associated Press Poll found that 1/3 of Americans admit to believe in Ghost. I wonder how many do not admit it. You may not believe in ghost, but you do not want to live in a house where someone has died, no matter how. A death in a home can impact its value and time to sell.

If you do not mind either way, a stigmatized home can be a bargain and the information can be used as leverage to negotiate a reduced price or rent.

Q: Can someone buying a new home benefit from running a report?

A: Yes, a Michigan couple had no idea that the previous owner had taken his life in the basement, before the house was completed. The house was new when they bought it. They now own a home they love with a past they can't come to terms with. They wondered, didn't someone have to tell them and presumed it was a law to disclose. The bank and others knew, but did not tell them.

The land could have had a traumatic event occur on it. Serial killer John Wayne Gacy, Jr. raped and murdered at least 33 teenage boys then buried 26 of them in the crawl space of his home in Chicago, IL . The house was demolished and in 1988 and a new house was built in its spot.

This issue is of particular importance in New York, where buildings are old and brokers are not required to disclose when a property was the site of a "homicide, a suicide, or another death." Reluctant to pony up the measly 12 bucks? Here's one for free: If you live in one of the shiny new condo units at South 4th Street and Bedford Avenue, we've got some bad news for you

this is what happens when fussbudgets move into those quaint old brownstones they got up in town

me? I'd ask my neighbors, but if you live in Philly, the killer probably lives next door, so I can see why you would want to hit the web

The guy that lived in the house two miles up the road from me blew his brains out with a shotgun when his wife left him.  The blast then went through the bedroom wall and blew a big hole in the wall.  That was about ten years ago.  The house has been sold many times since then, I think people buy the house and eventually hear the story and decide they don't want to live there anymore.

The guy that lived in the house two miles up the road from me blew his brains out with a shotgun when his wife left him.  The blast then went through the bedroom wall and blew a big hole in the wall.  That was about ten years ago.  The house has been sold many times since then, I think people buy the house and eventually hear the story and decide they don't want to live there anymore.

anybody patch the hole in the wall yet?

Yeah, that would explain people not wanting to stay there.  Maybe they should fix it.

I am not sure how I would feel about that.  On one hand, it would be cool to know you are in a house with a story, on the other hand you are in a house that is tinged with failure and death.

Now you can find out.

http://www.diedinhouse.com/

I don't like sites you need to pay for.  They should tell you up front.

Which product would you like to purchase?
Single Search for $11.99 
Three Searches for $34.50 ($11.50 per search) 
Five Searches for $54.95 ($10.99 per search) 
Ten Searches for $99.99 ($ 9.99 per search) 
Twenty Searches for $190.00 ($ 9.50 per search) 
Thirty Searches for $269.70 ($ 8.99 per search) 

so if you want to do some serious house hunting in old town Philly, it could run you $270

that's alot of money to find out that people used to die to home

seriously, this internet coffeshop generation is the stupidest bunch of ******* that ever walked this Good Earth.

SW, you need to conjugate the verb "to fuck" a little better

I thought for sure the software would pick up *******

its being used as a gerund. You know, a verb functioning as a noun

Hmm, the bad word list is simply that, a list of words that need to have an exact match.  There aren't many words there, I imported a long list and removed most of them.  I have now added your new word, thanks for pointing it out.

Hmm, the bad word list is simply that, a list of words that need to have an exact match.  There aren't many words there, I imported a long list and removed most of them.  I have now added your new word, thanks for pointing it out.

hey, just trying to help keep it a family friendly site

you never know when we might fuck up

• Heart 1

Actually the first owner after the shooting removed all the siding, insulation and wallboard from that side of the house and started over, he even installed new windows. He stayed maybe four years.  Since then it has been for sale constantly.  One young couple bought it thinking they could "flip it" and get rich.  I think they learned a valuable lesson but it cost them plenty.   A truck driver bought it now, he isn't home much.

Actually the first owner after the shooting removed all the siding, insulation and wallboard from that side of the house and started over, he even installed new windows

shotguns really can make a mess of a bedroom wall

guess it was a little more than you could clean up with a bottle of 409 and some Handi Wipes

None in our current home. Only 2 other families lived there before us. The previous family just wanted to move to a smaller town. The original family downsizes after the kids moved out. We met one of the original owner's sons. He was a Schwanns salesman who stopped by. He like the changes we had made. Explained why a couple things had been done the way they were.

I only know the history of our previous home drone the 60s. It was built in 1927, but moved into town from a farm location in 1967. The only death in that time frame occurred 2 years ago. A domestic violence situation. Woman had a restraining order on her estranged husband. He stormed the door and shot her. She died across the street trying to run from him.