I have a tractor story

Dirtyhip

I got to drive a combine... Ok.... I got to drive a combine lots of times, I used to help bring down crops of corn, soy, wheat, and also even till the fields.. The best thing was driving it, the worst thing was it only got country music channels :( 

I got to drive a combine... Ok.... I got to drive a combine lots of times, I used to help bring down crops of corn, soy, wheat, and also even till the fields.. The best thing was driving it, the worst thing was it only got country music channels :(

Yeah, you have to drive a rock truck if you want rock music.  Drilling rigs are the worst.  All they play is polka music

• Heart 2

Tractors are....Big trucks are fun...End loaders are fun, but nothing beats a skid steer for shear krazy/wacky fall on your bucket fun.

Keep that bucket low and slow down, my Dad always used to say.

I miss Dad a lot, but he was a stickinthemud.  :)

Disagree, the best thing about driving one is the first 15 minutes, the worst is you're going to be stuck in that cab doing nothing for a couple of weeks.

I go help out on the farm when I can to remind myself why I decided not to do it. It's not hard work now a days, it mind numbingly boring work.

Tractors are....Big trucks are fun...End loaders are fun, but nothing beats a skid steer for shear krazy/wacky fall on your bucket fun.

Keep that bucket low and slow down, my Dad always used to say.

I miss Dad a lot, but he was a stickinthemud. :)

It's wise advice. I flipped ours and ours doesn't have a cage because it wouldn't fit in the hog barn with one. Luckily I was able to bale or I would've been squashed. Also flipped a tractor, had a tractor with a wagon load of corn die going up a hill (something I had done 100s of times that summer alone) it took off backwards with a 20 ft drop into a river on one side. Luckily it jack knifed and stopped after 10 feet or so. That was the scariest since it was a cabbed tractor so no option to bale. I fell out of the cab and probably wasa half hour before I could get up and move to walk the last mile to the house for help. Farming is fun. Amazing I never hurt myself, let alone kill myself.
  • Heart 1

It's wise advice. I flipped ours and ours doesn't have a cage because it wouldn't fit in the hog barn with one. Luckily I was able to bale or I would've been squashed. Also flipped a tractor, had a tractor with a wagon load of corn die going up a hill (something I had done 100s of times that summer alone) it took off backwards with a 20 ft drop into a river on one side. Luckily it jack knifed and stopped after 10 feet or so. That was the scariest since it was a cabbed tractor so no option to bale. I fell out of the cab and probably wasa half hour before I could get up and move to walk the last mile to the house for help. Farming is fun. Amazing I never hurt myself, let alone kill myself.

Really amazing that more folks on farms aren't maimed or killed more often. One small moment of inattention and wow, you can get bit real fast. Many jobsite, well most, are the same way.

My older brother is a surgeon, when he was doing his residency he was part of a surgical team the reattached a young mans arms after getting caught in some sort of conveyor. Both arms were sewn back on.

And answer this...why do people remove the safetys from so many different types of tools? Especially table saws. When I fisrt started in construction, I worked with a carpenter who cut a finger off on a table saw. Not unusual....except Ralph did this the long way. Still creeps me out 30 years on.

Wouldn't it be easier to just go to the grocery store for food?

Really amazing that more folks on farms aren't maimed or killed more often. One small moment of inattention and wow, you can get bit real fast. Many jobsite, well most, are the same way.

My older brother is a surgeon, when he was doing his residency he was part of a surgical team the reattached a young mans arms after getting caught in some sort of conveyor. Both arms were sewn back on.

And answer this...why do people remove the safetys from so many different types of tools? Especially table saws. When I fisrt started in construction, I worked with a carpenter who cut a finger off on a table saw. Not unusual....except Ralph did this the long way. Still creeps me out 30 years on.

Because some of them are so over the top annoying anymore, it's almost impossible to use things with them on. Construction, tablesaws get moved a lot and the guards get bent and broken quickly. Used to do construction too, and had a bad habit of falling off roofs. They used to bet how long it would take before I'd go over. One job, was a big house so we had safety harnesses. They left me hanging for 20 minutes one day because they were tired of pulling me up. I hate climbing on roofs.

Glad we didn't flip it over. The track area is flat, so....probably hard to flip it.

Probably a wide front end sub compact too. Those are more stable than the old tall narrow front end ones that we tend to use and collect. The narrow front end is handier to work around the barns in tight spaces.

A day in Team Scoot's workaday world. This has been my beast of burden over the last few weeks. We're redoing ball fields in several city parks. And I use this to either core and overseed, or disc (shown) and resod. Whenever using a tractor in the parks, I've noticed a huge difference in the boys and girls. The girls walking with their parents won't give a tractor a second look. But the boys, the boys can watch for hours. And they'll pitch a fit when their parents try to drag them away. :D

The rain shut us down today.

The smaller tractor at the bottom is the one we use for field/brush mowing.

If you look really close you can see my truck way off in the background in this shot too.