Every Night!

Razors Edge

...we have the same routine.  After dinner and TV time, my wife heads upstairs to get ready for bed & to read, and I do the dinner dishes, set up the coffee for the morning, and take the pup down for a final pee.  As I and the pup return inside, I toss her a treat and I go grab a glass of water to take to bed.  She runs ahead of me, and when I get upstairs, my wife is on her side of the bed reading and my pup is curled up on MY SIDE.  She side-eyes me knowing I see her, but she also knows I will be brushing my teeth, so she remains in MY SPOT as I wrap up my pre-bed routine.

Eventually, though, it is time for me to get in bed, so I head over to my side and gently roll her off to the middle so I can get my spot back.   Of course, then she is showered with pets from me and my wife.  She gets head scratches, ear rubs, belly rubs, and all sorts of attention.

Why on earth does she keep trying to steal my spot in bed? :dontknow: 

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2

Jack can’t jump up in our bed anymore so we no longer have that issue. He prefers his own bed anyway. 

We bought a new bed with storage underneath which raises the hight.  It’s a tad too tall for my liking even. I can’t just sit on my bed as my butt will hit the side of the mattress.  Ain’t no way Jack can leap that high…

Speaking of dogs & routines, the past few nights Jack has had to go #2 in the middle of the night?  He wakes us up pacing around the room so we have to let him out.   Last night we took him for a long walk and let him sniff a lot but he never pooped.  But at 1 am he’s gotta go…

Not sure why his timing changed but it sure is annoying…

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Jack can’t jump up in our bed anymore so we no longer have that issue. He prefers his own bed anyway. 

We bought a new bed with storage underneath which raises the hight.  It’s a tad too tall for my liking even. I can’t just sit on my bed as my butt will hit the side of the mattress.  Ain’t no way Jack can leap that high…

you must install dog stairs to the bed

Frisco Foldable Nonslip Cat & Dog Stairs, slide 1 of 8

yes the little dog goes under the covers & against the legs. The big dog lays on the covers until we get in. She will then "circle" & then plop/fall down against my legs. I love that & miss it if I don't have a dog up against me. Sometimes she wants under the covers. She'll stay for a little bit then gets too hot i think & climbs out. 

• Heart 1

4 minutes ago, Scrapr said:

We have a high bed, and we put a lower padded platform at the foot of the bed for her to use as a step up and to also cushion her landing the other direction.  Our old dog I would pick up at night and put down onto the floor in the AM.

4 minutes ago, Scrapr said:

Frisco Foldable Nonslip Cat & Dog Stairs, slide 1 of 8

yes the little dog goes under the covers & against the legs. The big dog lays on the covers until we get in. She will then "circle" & then plop/fall down against my legs. I love that & miss it if I don't have a dog up against me. Sometimes she wants under the covers. She'll stay for a little bit then gets too hot i think & climbs out. 

We bought steps for the couch.  We thought of it but even when Jack could get on our bed he really didn’t like being in the bed with us. He likes his space in his bed. 

4 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

...we have the same routine.  After dinner and TV time, my wife heads upstairs to get ready for bed & to read, and I do the dinner dishes, set up the coffee for the morning, and take the pup down for a final pee.  As I and the pup return inside, I toss her a treat and I go grab a glass of water to take to bed.  She runs ahead of me, and when I get upstairs, my wife is on her side of the bed reading and my pup is curled up on MY SIDE.  She side-eyes me knowing I see her, but she also knows I will be brushing my teeth, so she remains in MY SPOT as I wrap up my pre-bed routine.

Eventually, though, it is time for me to get in bed, so I head over to my side and gently roll her off to the middle so I can get my spot back.   Of course, then she is showered with pets from me and my wife.  She gets head scratches, ear rubs, belly rubs, and all sorts of attention.

Why on earth does she keep trying to steal my spot in bed? :dontknow: 

GF and I have a different routine. Do you need me to send you a copy of the book?

• Haha 1

When my sister goes on vacation, she asks me to sleep at her house so the dogs and cats, which know me well, don't tear up the house.

I'll climb into bed and soon one of the dogs climbs onto the other side of the king-size bed.

Then one of the cats climbs up past my pillow and groomd my hair for a while before going to sleep.

Then the other cat finds a spot by my legs that's on the other side from the dog.

The last dog, which is very distrustful of everything, waits until I fall asleep and then climbs on the same side as the first dog.

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

When my sister goes on vacation, she asks me to sleep at her house so the dogs and cats, which know me well, don't tear up the house.

I'll climb into bed and soon one of the dogs climbs onto the other side of the king-size bed.

Then one of the cats climbs up past my pillow and groomd my hair for a while before going to sleep.

Then the other cat finds a spot by my legs that's on the other side from the dog.

The last dog, which is very distrustful of everything, waits until I fall asleep and then climbs on the same side as the first dog.

Nice menagerie!  

2 hours ago, MickinMD said:

In a nutshell, that's why cats and dogs ROCK!