Friday Breakfast

petitepedal

I decided to have oatmeal since I am more off than usual today, so I had this, the first recipe I hit.  I would cut back the salt a tad next time, and I added cornmeal ala RG, and it was deliciouso!  Just enough different from my usual microwaving to make it interesting.  The oats gummed up more which was snot a bad thing, and the cornmeal added a delightful additional nuance to the taste.  I had it with raisins and walnuts, not blueberries, blackberries, and bananas.

https://www.cookinglight.com/recipes/basic-oatmeal-recipe

1260616200_6065642514001_6065637352001-v

2 hours ago, petitepedal said:

I found a leftover pancake in the fridge yesterday..cooked up an apple with a little sugar and cinnamon..cooked but firm..and ate that pancake this morning :)

I haven't made Polish potato pancakes for a while and have begun calculating the Calories, etc. involved. I usually make enough batter in a food processor to make 3 breakfasts of 4 thin pancakes each, refrigerating 2 sets of 4 for future breakfasts.  I think I'll double that and freeze 3.  I eat them with unsweetened applesauce.

• Heart 1

50 minutes ago, Old No. 7 said:

I made a pot of grits. 1/4 grits, one cup water, pinch salt. Simmer 40 minutes. They was quite good. I’m also making sourdough English muffins. The muffins are rising right now. I will cook them up around 9-9:30. The towel is a Sunshine Committee gift.

9AB2AB41-1F9D-4114-B24B-A5A22D85D943.jpeg

85BCA609-61AC-4D9D-8F68-20DBCC4F110F.jpeg

Looking good. We have grits at home. Might bust some out tomorrow. 

• Awesome 1