Good Monday morning folks

maddmaxx

19 minutes ago, JerrySTL said:

Driving from Cincinnati to St.Louis. We put my stepfather in hospice so we will probably be driving back to Cincinnati before the weeks end. Boring drive but less boring than sitting in a hotel room.

Thoughts and prayers for all as you deal with this.  😞 

1 hour ago, JerrySTL said:

Driving from Cincinnati to St.Louis. We put my stepfather in hospice so we will probably be driving back to Cincinnati before the weeks end. Boring drive but less boring than sitting in a hotel room.

Choosing the lesser of two boring choices. Good luck!

I got up at 3 AM to pee.

I got up at 5 AM when I heard the snowplow guy in our cul-de-sac, so I peed again.

I can't see the grass anymore.  The prior snow mostly melted.  Mother nature decided we needed more snow overnight.  I'll guess 1 or 2 inches... I'll soon know.

Now I get to take the dogs out. 

Some of the bird feeders will need to be filled again.

Then I get to plow the driveway and shovel the sidewalk to the front door.

Our dogs will get their morning walk.    

And it's garbage day... I need to do that too.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Bikeguy said:

I got up at 3 AM to pee.

I got up at 5 AM when I heard the snowplow guy in our cul-de-sac, so I peed again.

I can't see the grass anymore.  The prior snow mostly melted.  Mother nature decided we needed more snow overnight.  I'll guess 1 or 2 inches... I'll soon know.

Now I get to take the dogs out. 

Some of the bird feeders will need to be filled again.

Then I get to plow the driveway and shovel the sidewalk to the front door.

Our dogs will get their morning walk.    

And it's garbage day... I need to do that too.

I bet that guy @goldendesign is LAUGHING at you and all your SNOW!!! He's a meanie like that!  Maybe go straighten him out about the glories of snow and awfulness of Florida BUGS!!!

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Well, looks like all the Florida NFL teams are cooked

Without trying to change the subject; I'm kinda glad we lost. I mean, obviously, I wanted us to go all the way. But given the state of our injuries I doubt we'd have made it past the next contest. Doing so only threatened our already banged up but still playing team members. We were plagued by the injury god all season long. We still managed some seriously impressive numbers. I'll take that as a positive for our outcome next year. 

19 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Brady coming back?

All indications point to yes. He had a season as good if not better than his entire career, he's signed for 3 years, Gronk is still game and there is a relative pantheon of both old and new talent wanting to play with him. I think overall prospects are looking good. 

• Heart 1

11 minutes ago, goldendesign said:

All indications point to yes. He had a season as good if not better than his entire career, he's signed for 3 years, Gronk is still game and there is a relative pantheon of both old and new talent wanting to play with him. I think overall prospects are looking good. 

I don’t follow the Bucs closely but I was a bit surprised by all the retirement talk by the media.  He’s signed for another year and still playing at a very high level on a good team.  

It seems to me he’d run it back at least another year. 

5 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

I don’t follow the Bucs closely but I was a bit surprised by all the retirement talk by the media.  He’s signed for another year and still playing at a very high level on a good team.  

He's old, for the NFL, and they gotta put some doubt out there to get clicks. He's been saying all season, I'm not done yet, but somehow the questions all remain "Will he play?" It's shitty reporting. 

1 minute ago, goldendesign said:

He's old, for the NFL, and they gotta put some doubt out there to get clicks. He's been saying all season, I'm not done yet, but somehow the questions all remain "Will he play?" It's shitty reporting. 

Agreed, the media creating a story for clicks.  

14 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

It seems to me he’d run it back at least another year. 

Yeah, I wasn't sure what his contract was.  He's as good as any QB still, so it becomes a "why quit" situation, as well as, if not under contract, "who can pay me?"  Since he has the contract, and will have a good team still there around him, it makes sense for him to stay.  Someone like Rodgers is who I guess is in the "retire vs move vs ???" situation.  If he moves, is it like a Brady situation where he takes a good team and moves them into SB contender status?

Who needs a QB like Rodgers?

5 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Yeah, I wasn't sure what his contract was.  He's as good as any QB still, so it becomes a "why quit" situation, as well as, if not under contract, "who can pay me?"  Since he has the contract, and will have a good team still there around him, it makes sense for him to stay.  Someone like Rodgers is who I guess is in the "retire vs move vs ???" situation.  If he moves, is it like a Brady situation where he takes a good team and moves them into SB contender status?

Who needs a QB like Rodgers?

Several teams but who can afford him?  

1 minute ago, ChrisL said:

Several teams but who can afford him?  

Exactly.  And not just afford, but be where he would willingly go.  Say Chicago or Detroit had the $$$, would he go there?  I doubt it.

And what about @Prophet Zacharia's Rothlisberger?  He retiring or moving?

1 hour ago, Razors Edge said:

Exactly.  And not just afford, but be where he would willingly go.  Say Chicago or Detroit had the $$$, would he go there?  I doubt it.

And what about @Prophet Zacharia's Rothlisberger?  He retiring or moving?

Rothlisberger is retiring. Which would mean the Steelers would have a lot of cap space should they need a quality bridge QB.  Why hello, Aaron! This is the city of bridges, after all. :whistle: