Somewhat related to Wordle

Road Runner

The Daily Word Jumble.  A game that I have played for many years, first in the newspaper, then online and now in books. 

Here is one that I was just doing.  The online version had a time limit.  I forget how long, but I would never have gotten this puzzle done in time.

Just rearrange the letters to make a word.  Then use the circled letters to answer the question.  Quickly.  The clock is running.

Easy-Peasy.

:)

img024.thumb.jpg.c2736179bdcfaee8e9b7795942dd8edb.jpg

• Heart 1

My Mother loved the jumble.  Every time I tried to read the comic section of her newspaper, they'd be all sorts of little words spelled out and crossed out with a special focus on the letters for the super jumble answer. She'd sometimes ask me various words and I never had the patience to try to figure it out.  But there is something comfortably nostalgic about the drawing of the riddle clue.

• Awesome 1

7 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

A game that I have played for many years, first in the newspaper, then online and now in books.  

Here is one that I was just doing.  The online version had a time limit.  I forget how long, but I would never have gotten this puzzle done in time.

Just rearrange the letters to make a word.  Then use the circled letters to answer the question.  Quickly.  The clock is running.

Easy-Peasy.

:)

img024.thumb.jpg.c2736179bdcfaee8e9b7795942dd8edb.jpg

That looks hard, is it fun?

• Hugs 1

1 minute ago, Randomguy said:

That looks hard, is it fun?

Of course it's fun.  You get better at recognizing the words the more you play.  For some puzzles, I just blow through them, but this one made me have to think.  :(

And everyone is mentally different, so a word that pops into my head immediately may not do so for someone else, and vice-versa of course.  :)

2 minutes ago, TrentonMakes said:

I've been doing Jumbles since I was a kid - often I can solve them fairly quickly and without a pen or pencil, and this was one of those times.

Lots of times I fly through the words, but still get a bit puzzled by the final answer.  Especially when the answer isn't real words.  :)  

• Heart 1

13 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

Of course it's fun.  You get better at recognizing the words the more you play.  For some puzzles, I just blow through them, but this one made me have to think.  :(

And everyone is mentally different, so a word that pops into my head immediately may not do so for someone else, and vice-versa of course.  :)

Is there an official site so we are all on the same one?

1 minute ago, Randomguy said:

Is there an official site so we are all on the same one?

Not sure.  I use to do them online every day, but the site (might have been a newspaper) wanted to start charging me a fee or something.  Anyway, I quit and started buying the magazines.  I'll look around and see if there is a free site we can all use.

I didn't understand how it worked at first.  Now I get it.  

Chose the correct three, and got stumped on one.  I wasn't sure how the bottom played in at first.  

This is fantastic.  

I have become someone that will play now.  Always wondered who did these.  It's now me I guess.  LOL

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

This looks like a decent site.  Newspaper sites want to load you up with cookies.  This one just makes you watch a 30 second ad that you can skip, if you want.

https://www.shockwave.com/gamelanding/dailyjumble.jsp

This is what it looks like online.

Capture.thumb.JPG.3e9f291961f4be8b5f858d8d32f3348f.JPG

Ok, I saved it into the favorites.

I never played this or even thought about playing it when I was young.  Now I am in the demographic, I guess.

• Heart 1