Time to hit the ice.

Zipp2001

Well, what happens when you get a nice spell of freezing weather? You grab one of your studded bikes and go play on the water. We have had some very good winter riding condition out in the woods this year. Let's hope it sticks around a bit longer.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

21 hours ago, Zipp2001 said:

You grab one of your studded bikes and go play on the water. We have had some very good winter riding condition out in the woods this year.

That's AWESOME.  We're down to nasty icy or dry pavement.  The ice is that awful kind that is essentially frozen foot steps and ruts, so riding over it is pretty darn crummy.  Luckily, it's not in too many places right now, so I can still get in rides on my road bike without too much of a headache.

Your situation looks far better for "fun" - fat bike and snow covered areas to ride it. 

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

That's AWESOME.  We're down to nasty icy or dry pavement.  The ice is that awful kind that is essentially frozen foot steps and ruts, so riding over it is pretty darn crummy.  Luckily, it's not in too many places right now, so I can still get in rides on my road bike without too much of a headache.

Your situation looks far better for "fun" - fat bike and snow covered areas to ride it. 

I Can't complain 90% the trails are in great shape, and I just avoid the rutted trails as much as I can. Most of the rutted trails from frozen boot prints aren't deep into the woods so I can get away from them after 5/10 minutes of riding.

• Awesome 1