An Observation and A Confession

Zealot

14 minutes ago, Zealot said:

Observation:

Cheese apparently touched the hearts of a lot of folks here. Personally, I didn’t understand him. But that’s not all that surprising. I don’t ‘get’ lots of things that the majority of folks do. 

I am however saddened whenever we lose one of our own. And because he touched so many, it’s even more heartbreaking. 😢

I’ll say my Happy Birthday to your memory here, Cheese. And as I mentioned elsewhere, I’ll lift a glass to your memory tonight as well. I pray your spirit is at Peace.

Confession:

I’m a little hurt. I am alive and still here. Today is my birthday as well. But not one well wish. I could say that no one knows my birthday because I don’t advertise it. But I did mention it yesterday and several ‘liked’ my post. 

I know I am a difficult person. I know I don’t endear myself to people the way so many others do. And I know I am not easy to get to know. 

But this has been the story of my life. People who should know, actually forget my birthday. And most of the time, I have to mention it. Mostly, I just don’t. I do however get birthday greetings/ cards from my insurance company, orgs that I donate to, my dentist. 

That’s kind of a sad testament, really. I guess I really am crappy with making friends. Oh well. 

I’m 57 today. 

Happy Birthday, Zealot. I hope you enjoy your day. 

Happy Birthday.  List your birthday in you profile and Birthday Bot will remember.

• Thank You 1

13 minutes ago, Zealot said:

Observation:

Cheese apparently touched the hearts of a lot of folks here. Personally, I didn’t understand him. But that’s not all that surprising. I don’t ‘get’ lots of things that the majority of folks do. 

I am however saddened whenever we lose one of our own. And because he touched so many, it’s even more heartbreaking. 😢

I’ll say my Happy Birthday to your memory here, Cheese. And as I mentioned elsewhere, I’ll lift a glass to your memory tonight as well. I pray your spirit is at Peace.

Confession:

I’m a little hurt. I am alive and still here. Today is my birthday as well. But not one well wish. I could say that no one knows my birthday because I don’t advertise it. But I did mention it yesterday and several ‘liked’ my post. 

I know I am a difficult person. I know I don’t endear myself to people the way so many others do. And I know I am not easy to get to know. 

But this has been the story of my life. People who should know, actually forget my birthday. And most of the time, I have to mention it. Mostly, I just don’t. I do however get birthday greetings/ cards from my insurance company, orgs that I donate to, my dentist. 

That’s kind of a sad testament, really. I guess I really am crappy with making friends. Oh well. 

I’m 57 today. 

Happy Birthday, Zealot. I hope you enjoy your day. 

I'll admit, I did not always know how to take Cheese, but I think that's because he was purposely enigmatic. I think I know a lot more about him now that he is gone, 

As for you young fella, I do wish you a happy birthday and many more to come.

• Heart 1
  • Thank You 1

I'm sorry,  I did read that yesterday, but I've been scattered because of work and forgot to mention it today.  I've gotten to the point where I have to write down anything to remember it.  The loss of Cheese is still very raw for a lot of us, but this is a good reminder to celebrate the people we care about while they are still with us.

Happy Birthday!  :loveshower:

• Heart 1
  • Thank You 1

Dear Zealot,

My apologies for forgetting your birthday.  I consider you a friend here and I would never intentionally do such a thing.  I remember the drumming thingie for what that is worth--- not much.

I will also confess that I suck at birthdays and anniversaries.  We eloped on 02/02 because Einstein through it would help me remember the date.  It doesn't.  Sadly, I also forgot his birthday in a big way once--- and maybe a few saves on other years.  We were sitting at ringside at the Montgomery All Terrier Specialty Dog Trial.  Lots of people there.  Our Airedale friend came up and gave Einstein a kiss and a hug-- not so weird, she likes us.  Then she handed him a card and a gift.  And then it dawned on me...... it was his birthday.  Nothing I could do.  We were in the motor home.  In a field.  At an event.  I did not even have a card.  He was really hurt and i felt terrible.  I imagine, you feel a bit like this too.  I am sorry. Love, Airehead

• Thank You 1
  • Hugs 2

58 minutes ago, Zealot said:

Today is my birthday as well. 

Happy birthday!

Neither you nor Cheese seemed to like giving us a chance to have the Birthday Bot do the reminding for us :(  We love to have a thread we can all join in and spread birthday cheer to all recipients!

Have a nice and relaxing day with friends and family!

• Thank You 1

Just now, Kzoo said:

My brothers birthday and the day I met WoKzoo (2/2/1980).  Theres is something else about that day?  Can't remember.

But ask me the birthdate of a standard poodle or Pointer that I had as a youngster--- I can rattle them off. 3/1/72- Lou E. Louie  English Pointer

Just now, Airehead said:

Could you also put Einstein in there even though he is not a member?

Nope, sorry.  He can be added to the calendar as a repeating event and it will show up on the home page, but it won't trigger a post.

@SamWithCheese didn't get a birthday announcement today because the fallen members group was excluded.  He'll get the @Birthday Bot announcement next year.

• Awesome 1

Happy Birthday!  Sorry it wasn't acknowledged.  

I enjoy your posting here.  I really do.  There are not many forumites that I do this with, but when I see a post or response by you those are some of the ones I check out first.  I like your take on things and your outlook in general.  

• Heart 2
  • Thank You 1

19 minutes ago, Zealot said:

My apologies. Please forgive me. That post was completely self indulgent and self pitying. I am ashamed.

I do not advertise my birthday, here, FB, anywhere really. So it is absolutely no one’s fault but my own if that day gets overlooked. 

By way of explanation, please accept that by the time I wrote that post, I’d not had enough sleep, my sugar crashed and that all culminated in my mood sinking.  I think I crashed about 7:00 last night.

You’re good people here. 

Peace, this day. 

Happy Birthday, nonetheless!  I am training 08:00 to 22:30 all week so, I am not really reading much here.  Sorry I missed your day. 

• Thank You 1

16 hours ago, Airehead said:

Dear Zealot,

My apologies for forgetting your birthday.  I consider you a friend here and I would never intentionally do such a thing.  I remember the drumming thingie for what that is worth--- not much.

I will also confess that I suck at birthdays and anniversaries.  We eloped on 02/02 because Einstein through it would help me remember the date.  It doesn't.  Sadly, I also forgot his birthday in a big way once--- and maybe a few saves on other years.  We were sitting at ringside at the Montgomery All Terrier Specialty Dog Trial.  Lots of people there.  Our Airedale friend came up and gave Einstein a kiss and a hug-- not so weird, she likes us.  Then she handed him a card and a gift.  And then it dawned on me...... it was his birthday.  Nothing I could do.  We were in the motor home.  In a field.  At an event.  I did not even have a card.  He was really hurt and i felt terrible.  I imagine, you feel a bit like this too.  I am sorry. Love, Airehead

I am sure Einstein, even though hurt, instantly understood and forgave you. This is the beauty and power of relationship. He knows you - all your attributes, all your idiosyncrasies, all that makes you ‘you’. And that is the person he chooses to love. 

😊

Mans thank you for your kind words to me.

• Heart 1

15 hours ago, petitepedal said:

Happy Birthday ...I wished you one on facebook..haven't  been here much since morning...I should have started the day with it..cos I did see the post and remembered it this AM...

Hugs you young punk :P

I did see you post on FB. Thank you. 🌹 

16 hours ago, Kirby said:

The loss of Cheese is still very raw for a lot of us,

I know this. And I feel all the worse for it. 😞I did not mean to add any negative feelings to an already sad remembrance. 

I have no excuse. But I do deeply apologize. Please forgive me. 

• Hugs 2

7 minutes ago, Zealot said:

I know this. And I feel all the worse for it. 😞I did not mean to add any negative feelings to an already sad remembrance. 

I have no excuse. But I do deeply apologize. Please forgive me. 

No need to apologize or beg forgiveness from me. You expressed how you felt. That feeling was real and it took courage to express it. You’re good man, happy birthday. Today is Robert Burns day. Have a wee dram of Uisge Beath tonight and toast the poet of Scotland. 

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 1

2 minutes ago, Old No. 7 said:

Today is Robert Burns day. Have a wee dram of Uisge Beath tonight and toast the poet of Scotland. 

Aye, tha i ‘tis!! 😊 

Is that something you follow??

I’ve a little 18 year Lagavulin left. I’ll salute, with Auld Lang Syne and the Selkirk Grace.  Maybe e’en don a kilt.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

4 minutes ago, Zealot said:

Aye, tha i ‘tis!! 😊 

Is that something you follow??

I’ve a little 18 year Lagavulin left. I’ll salute, with Auld Lang Syne and the Selkirk Grace.  Maybe e’en don a kilt.

Och gud fer you laddie! I have no kilt but I’ve a few family tartans (MacKenzie and MacDougall) to dress the table up a bit. I’ve got some Laphroag; not as fancy as yer Lagavulin but it’s a good dram all the same.

• Awesome 1

13 hours ago, MoseySusan said:

Zealot, friend, I have been thinking about you all day. You beat me to the topic start, but that’s how we do. I’ve often felt you are a step ahead. 

First, I offered praise (again) for your health and for Mrs. Z. I blessed (again) that you are most fully known by and share your life with a truly beautiful person. 

I also thought about your connection to ancestry, which is a sign of the Spirit at work, and of your artistic ability, and how you translate observations into poetry, illustrations, movement. 

As I was watching birds at the feeder and bath, I thought about your care for animals and your depth of understanding about Nature, about creation, and about The Garden we lost, but intuitively know. 

And I thought about having fun exchanging songs and exchanging meaning. How you know there’s more on my mind that I’m not saying. And we’ve had good conversations. 

Then I thought about the place you occupy in your children and grandchildren’s lives. You have quite a quiver! I’m sure it’s a new mercy each morning, growing into each others’ lives, watching the kids becoming. 

There was a little CT scan memory in there. I see the shoulder surgeon tomorrow, and was contrasting my recent experience with the one you described once. I could have also found panic inside that machine, but I used your lived experience to remind myself that it would be over soon. And I imagined myself in a scene from 2001: Space Odyssey… Wouldn’t want Kubrick to think I couldn’t act. 

And here we are…it’s your birthday! And I’m catching up. But I’d draft you any day. 

Peace be the next year, 

Susan

Your grace ever surrounds your presence, Susan. ❤️ 

Thank you for your beautiful, moving composition regarding your observations of my life and those in it. And for your mindfulness of us in prayer and thankfulness. 

I too have often felt that we each understand what is often not said. It is a wonderful connection. 

As mentioned another time, I keep our friendship close in my heart. And I pray the true beauty of life and creation ever envelopes and infills you. 

The Breath. 

Love the 2001 reference!   😊 

Peace, always.

BTW,  good luck at the surgeon’s today.  Let us know how it goes. I start my PT for my right shoulder today.  

• Heart 1

15 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

Nope, sorry.  He can be added to the calendar as a repeating event and it will show up on the home page, but it won't trigger a post.

@SamWithCheese didn't get a birthday announcement today because the fallen members group was excluded.  He'll get the @Birthday Bot announcement next year.

Can we edit his name?  Sam with Cheese doesn't sing like Airwick with Cheese or AWWC like his is in my phone, or just Cheese.

What do you think?

8 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

I can edit is, but I'd like others to weigh in first.

I agree with RG, but I also was not in Cheese's inner circle.  Seems like Cheese is his "name", so makes sense rather than just the one he happened to be using most recently.