Nor’easter

BuffJim

I do enjoy seeing a good nor-easter develop... and I enjoy looking at the model outputs but lately they just seem to be a more elaborate way of getting the forecast wrong.

I need to fill the gas can, and I need to make a beer run.... otherwise if it snows, if it doesn't snow, we'll be fine.

• Heart 1

9 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

My Friday has 40% "snow", but only high winds on Sat. Hoping that stays (or gets better) because next week is tipping back into the 50s. 

Saturday sounds like a great day for training with all that wind. You new bar mitts will work great!

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, jsharrwick said:

WAIT A DAMN MINUTE!!! BuffJim = DeathJim = Jim Cantore?  Has anyone ever seen all three of them together?  

Shhh. My contract with Square Wheels Cycling forbids me from disclosing my Weather Channel affiliation. I don’t want SW docking my heavy posting royalties. 

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 2

13 hours ago, BuffJim said:

Models have come to agreement. Boston around 15+inches, NYC about 3-5 with heavy winds all around. A smidge higher in Brooklyn and Queens. 

The hype and predictions have about doubled since yesterday. So about 6-12 for NYC and 24+ for Boston. 

• Heart 2

1 minute ago, Randomguy said:

How about now?  I have to travel by subway to the gf's in a couple of hours for a couple days, you see.

When are you going?    Seems like the worst travel times will be starting later tonight through mid-day tomorrow.  It may end slightly later on Long Island, but by the end of the day Saturday (from the local noon news reports, at least)

2 minutes ago, jsharrwick said:

I would reccomend you wear a mask. 

I will!  They fine you if you won't put one on after an attempt, then arrest you if you refuse to leave.  Too many people in close quarters to much about.

1 minute ago, Kirby said:

When are you going?    Seems like the worst travel times will be starting later tonight through mid-day tomorrow.  It may end slightly later on Long Island, but by the end of the day Saturday (from the local noon news reports, at least)

Riverdale.  Where are you again?