In Case You Were Wondering

Razors Edge

Just now, 12string said:

The destruction was only made worse by putting it in a can.  And adding Latte

My niece "accidentally" left a couple cans of La Colombe in the fridge when she was here to babysit my pup.  I don't mind the normal one, but this one...not so good.  I looked at it for a month, and couldn't bring myself to just toss it in the trash, but honestly, it brought me no joy :(

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Razors Edge said:

My niece "accidentally" left a couple cans of La Colombe in the fridge when she was here to babysit my pup.  I don't mind the normal one, but this one...not so good.  I looked at it for a month, and couldn't bring myself to just toss it in the trash, but honestly, it brought me no joy :(

Pfft. Can't live with 'em, can't kill 'em.

10 minutes ago, jsharrwick said:

Dear Sweet Clean 9 pound 6 ounce baby Jesus, who would do such a thing to coffee?

WoKzoo.

I see a couple bottles of Oat Crap coffee 'creamer' on the shelf right next to the good stuff.  I ain't touching that stuff.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1
  • Hugs 1

3 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

I see a couple bottles of Oat Crap coffee 'creamer' on the shelf right next to the good stuff.  I ain't touching that stuff.

I'm not feeling too well.  I can't say my body is designed for this sort of "food".  It definitely goes in the "mistake" column.  In today's list, it's near the top.

• Haha 1
  • Hugs 1

5 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

...it is as awful as it looks.  Tastes like cardboard instead of cream. BLECH!  Good coffee ruined by oat milk.  @Randomguy is at least correct in despising the taste of it.

IMG_1792.thumb.jpeg.eac56d47d224b708d4e7a5abb81854e3.jpeg

I think the first sign of impending gastronomical disaster is the word 'OATMILK' appears much more prominently featured than 'coffee'.

• Heart 1

12 hours ago, Thaddeus Kosciuszko said:

I think the first sign of impending gastronomical disaster is the word 'OATMILK' appears much more prominently featured than 'coffee'.

That is a BIG RED FLAG for sure - even in white print.

I survived, but won't make that mistake again!

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

That is a BIG RED FLAG for sure - even in white print.

I survived, but won't make that mistake again!

and nitrous infused🙄 The few times I've gone into Starbucks, I enjoy being behind someone who orders a paragraph coffee description, and I say "large black coffee" :)

• Awesome 1

1 minute ago, bikeman564™ said:

and nitrous infused🙄 The few times I've gone into Starbucks, I enjoy being behind someone who orders a paragraph coffee description, and I say "large black coffee" :)

I actually think the "nitro" thing is real.  It makes a smoother fluffier sort of cup.  Not sure how similar a process as to beer, but I get it.  Haven't really embraced it - I never seek it out - but it does seems to make this canned stuff - with regular creamer or the oat milk - a good bit more frothy.

But, "large black coffee with room" is pretty much my coffee order anywhere.

3 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

I’ve only had Starbucks a couple times. I always ordered large black coffee. It tasted burnt. Then Starbucks got so political if there is nowhere else to get coffee I’ll go without.

1 minute ago, Longjohn said:

I’ve only had Starbucks a couple times. I always ordered large black coffee. It tasted burnt. Then Starbucks got so political if there is nowhere else to get coffee I’ll go without.

Regardless of the politics, Starbucks is either a love or hate sort of coffee.  They've tried going a little milder with a few of their other roasts - like the Blond - but overall, if given an option of Starbucks or the place next door? The place next door wins.

• Awesome 1

4 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Regardless of the politics, Starbucks is either a love or hate sort of coffee.  They've tried going a little milder with a few of their other roasts - like the Blond - but overall, if given an option of Starbucks or the place next door? The place next door wins.

I think the ones that love it don’t like coffee. They buy those foo foo $8 drinks that are mostly sugar and other additives.

• Thank You 1

1 minute ago, Longjohn said:

I think the ones that love it don’t like coffee. They buy those foo foo $8 drinks that are mostly sugar and other additives.

My coffee ratings are based a lot on whether SUGAR or sweeteners are required to enjoy them. Starbucks is impossible - for me - to drink black without a big grimace.  Not my ideal by a country mile.

• Heart 2

25 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

I actually think the "nitro" thing is real.  It makes a smoother fluffier sort of cup.  Not sure how similar a process as to beer, but I get it.  Haven't really embraced it - I never seek it out - but it does seems to make this canned stuff - with regular creamer or the oat milk - a good bit more frothy.

But, "large black coffee with room" is pretty much my coffee order anywhere.

I know nitrogen infused in real. I've tried it in beer at a bear event, and it's horrible IMO. Makes it taste flat & bland.

6 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

I know nitrogen infused in real. I've tried it in beer at a bear event, and it's horrible IMO. Makes it taste flat & bland.

Yeah - I've only, to my knowledge, had it with Guinness.   Looks like those loons are trying to get into coffee!

cold-brew-product-hero-bg-2.jpg?quality=

• Haha 1