I knew it, eating fat makes you skinnier and healthier!

Randomguy

I am eating cheese tonight.   :D

I made pizza last night, it wasn't great.  I did different things to the sauce as a trial, and it didn't go well.  

I normally don't use onion in the sauce, but I diced up a quarter yellow onion and sauteed it with a clove of garlic, and I don't think it meshed super-well with the San Marzano taste profile, which is super bright and fresh. Then I used the food-vibrator thingy to smoothify it (which I hadn't done before), and I feel it took the character right out of it.   I diced mushrooms and added them to the sauce to give it more character after.    Kale and spinach didn't play well together, I should have just done one or the other.  Kalamata olives are always nice on pizza.

Anyway, it was tasty because it was pizza, but I have become accustomed to excellent pizza at home, and this didn't hit all cylinders.  Thursday or Friday will be another pizza day.  

I made pizza last night, it wasn't great.  I did different things to the sauce as a trial, and it didn't go well.  

I normally don't use onion in the sauce, but I diced up a quarter yellow onion and sauteed it with a clove of garlic, and I don't think it meshed super-well with the San Marzano taste profile, which is super bright and fresh. Then I used the food-vibrator thingy to smoothify it (which I hadn't done before), and I feel it took the character right out of it.   I diced mushrooms and added them to the sauce to give it more character after.    Kale and spinach didn't play well together, I should have just done one or the other.  Kalamata olives are always nice on pizza.

Anyway, it was tasty because it was pizza, but I have become accustomed to excellent pizza at home, and this didn't hit all cylinders.  Thursday or Friday will be another pizza day.  

IMHO, I would just buy La Bella San Marzano Double Concentrated Tomato Paste, and add dried basil, oregano, a little rosemary, some water and EVOO to make desired consistency.  Stir it up and let it sit for a couple hours.  This may sound lazy, but it does make great pizza sauce.  People comment on my sauce, and it is incredibly easy.  You can add garlic if you are into that.  I just add garlic directly on the pie.

I have made sauce from scratch using tomatoes but I prefer my paste method.  You have to cook tomatoes forever to make sauce.  Plus, it makes a damn mess, because you have to boil it down to a thick stage,  I swear I was wiping up red splotches from hell to breakfast.

IMHO, I would just buy La Bella San Marzano Double Concentrated Tomato Paste, and add dried basil, oregano, a little rosemary, some water and EVOO to make desired consistency.  Stir it up and let it sit for a couple hours.  This may sound lazy, but it does make great pizza sauce.  People comment on my sauce, and it is incredibly easy.  You can add garlic if you are into that.  I just add garlic directly on the pie.

I have made sauce from scratch using tomatoes but I prefer my paste method.  You have to cook tomatoes forever to make sauce.  Plus, it makes a damn mess, because you have to boil it down to a thick stage,  I swear I was wiping up red splotches from hell to breakfast.

I just use the whole tomatoes in the can, usually.  I simmer it only for about 40 minutes or so, more burns off when in the oven (I sauce over the cheese, remember).  I use what you use, plus salt and pepper, but minus the rosemary.  Tell me about the rosemary usage...

I just use the whole tomatoes in the can, usually.  I simmer it only for about 40 minutes or so, more burns off when in the oven (I sauce over the cheese, remember).  I use what you use, plus salt and pepper, but minus the rosemary.  Tell me about the rosemary usage...

Whatever works for you.  

I use S & P as well....don't need to mention that, as it is a no brainer.  Rosemary is strong....My ratio is 1 tbsp basil and oregano to 1 tsp rosemary in a can of paste.  It makes enough for 2 pies.  EVOO is like 1/4 can worth (measured in the paste can) and water to desired consistency depending on geographic locale.