5 Million Reasons why our Government is a Sham!

Nate

apparently, the Obamacare website will need 5 million lines of code to be rewritten

Ok boys and girls....let's start with some basics. I've written business systems for 20 years. I have even worked in health care and built systems to track every medical proceedure performed in Pennsylvania. I can tell you that it does not take 5 million lines of code to make a transaction with a database. It also does not take 5 million lines of code to do much of anything. If it takes that many lines, you are an idiot. Period.

There is this thing called optimization that software engineers use and the principle is that you write as few lines of code as possible. Unless of course, you are being paid by the line or are on a governement contract and are just ripping off taxpayers

Then I can tell you that 5 million lines of code could be "rewritten" into 8 lines of tight code to complete a transaction with a database

But putting out that 5 million lines need "rewritten"....this is how you delay something

If you are a contractor, this is how you pad you hours

Like everything else this president has done to us, we are going to pay alot more and get alot less than he said

sort of like buying a stero out of the trunk of Obama's car, getting it home and finding that you just bought a stero box filled with bricks and newspaper

that Obammy Care

people talk like Obamacare is a disaster, but it actually is his greatest success. Obamacare wasn't about lowering the deficit, or improving healthcare, or even about universal health coverage.

Obamacare was designed to destroy America, to ruin our economy, to kill jobs, and to make us dependent on big government

it is this president's greatest success!

• Heart 1

There's not much code to a front end anyway....unless you are doing something you shouldn't.

As for transactions with a database.....there's only a few needed lines of code.  Select,Insert, Update, and delete.......ok, maybe add commit to the list.

Sheesh..5 million lines of code is ridiculous, but then again so is the 90+ upload and downloads the website supposedly performs when you try to create an account.

There's not much code to a front end anyway....unless you are doing something you shouldn't.

As for transactions with a database.....there's only a few needed lines of code.  Select,Insert, Update, and delete.......ok, maybe add commit to the list.

Sheesh..5 million lines of code is ridiculous, but then again so is the 90+ upload and downloads the website supposedly performs when you try to create an account.

that's exactly what I thought when I read that article. What are they doing, writing it in assembly language?

but 5 million lines of code to rewite....that should take at least until the 2014 elections :P

I've never understood why our taxes can't be filed and paid on-line as simply as I can buy something from Amazon.  Why do we have to pay for separate tax software?  Why can't you go to an IRS site, log on, answer the appropriate questions, and file your tax return?  

The tax law dwarfs the ACA by a huge margin.   Think 20k+ pages of law/regulation.

If we went to a flat tax, such  a website would be a breeze to implement.

that's exactly what I thought when I read that article. What are they doing, writing it in assembly language?

but 5 million lines of code to rewite....that should take at least until the 2014 elections :P

At least now I know what EPG's Washington job was.

• Heart 1

I've never understood why our taxes can't be filed and paid on-line as simply as I can buy something from Amazon.  Why do we have to pay for separate tax software?  Why can't you go to an IRS site, log on, answer the appropriate questions, and file your tax return?  

I think the IRS has a free on-line site you can use if you file using the simple 1040 form.  If you have any deductions though then you need to pay.

I think the IRS has a free on-line site you can use if you file using the simple 1040 form.  If you have any deductions though then you need to pay.

Indiana used to have a free online forum you could fill out, but then they changed it so you have to make under a certain ammount of money to file free.  WoIndy is a Tax Accountant, it pisses her off that they charge you to file online when that is their preferred method and saves them money processing when you do, so she mails everything in.  I do agree with her that if they want you to file online, then it should be free or at least cheaper than mailing your taxes in, but it's not.  The entire thing is a freaking racket.

I used that ****er one year, I was running Windows XP. The IRS website flagged my OS as not being the one installed by the OEM, demanded authorization codes, and before I knew it the IRS website disabled my OS!!!! :o

I call the Softies, they say that they no longer supprot XP and don't have the codes to unlock my OS

So I ask why, if they no longer support of care about XP did they kill my OS?

I answered my own question when I went out and got a new computer with Windows Vista :angry: