Dismay

Thaddeus Kosciuszko

At the grocery store a family of Mom, Dad, Daughter, and Son were placing groceries on the belt to check out.  The two children ran off and each returned with a small pack of cookies, about $1 each.  Mom says "Put them back, we're not buying them."  The kids walked about some more and didn't put them back, but held onto them.  Mom paid for the groceries, then they all walked out.

Without paying for the cookies.

Perhaps it was an oversight.  But I'm dismayed to think it wasn't and the parents were teaching the kids how to shoplift instead of how to be honest.

How old were the kids? Old enough to have known better...or still young to where "ownership" hasn't been defined for them yet?

I have noticed that there are more and more little snot nosed brats with the aire of "I want so I deserve" attitude lately. Or, maybe I'm starting to become a crumbmudgeon.

How old were the kids? Old enough to have known better...or still young to where "ownership" hasn't been defined for them yet?

I have noticed that there are more and more little snot nosed brats with the aire of "I want so I deserve" attitude lately. Or, maybe I'm starting to become a crumbmudgeon.

The later, I'm sure.   :)

I remember being very little and "stealing" Play-Doh when at a Bradlees (remember those?).  We were getting into the car and my mother asked what I had, I told her it was Play-Doh.  I guess I just took it off the shelf not understanding how the paying for stuff part worked.  Since she hadn't paid for it we brought it back into the store.  I don't remember how old I was, 4 or maybe 17, but I remember the lesson.

My judgment day cometh, and I know because of my transgressions I shall be found wanting.

That's why I said 'Perhaps it was an oversight.'  I don't need to dig any deeper the hole I'm already in.

Damn straight!!!!  Have you seen all the shitty parody threads this things dropped?

My judgment day cometh, and I know because of my transgressions I shall be found wanting.

That's why I said 'Perhaps it was an oversight.' I don't need to dig any deeper the hole I'm already in.

TK, judgement has already been meted out. We all come up short; we've all been weighed and measured. But it's about something far greater than judgement; something beautiful and powerful.