The Wordle Starting Word Poll

Road Runner
Go to solution Solved by Road Runner,

Wordle starting word  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for your favorite Wordle starting word

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/03/2022 at 12:00 AM

20 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

Okay.  Just for fun.  Select the starting word that you most prefer for our Wordle common-starting-word experiment.

Thanks in advance for playing along.  :)  

Rather than "gaming" the game, why not choose a more Cafe specific word to start with that makes it a bit more fun than those trite ones???

• Solution
6 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Rather than "gaming" the game, why not choose a more Cafe specific word to start with that makes it a bit more fun than those trite ones???

The word really isn't important.  The idea is for everyone who wants to play along to use the same word.  I'm just doing as RG suggested.  I got word suggestions and made a poll.  Play along or not.  It's just a one day experiment, if people want to participate.  No big deal.  I just thought it might be fun to see what might happen if we all used the same starting word.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Road Runner said:

The word really isn't important.  The idea is for everyone who wants to play along to use the same word.  I'm just doing as RG suggested.  I got word suggestions and made a poll.  Play along or not.  It's just a one day experiment, if people want to participate.  No big deal.  I just thought it might be fun to see what might happen if we all used the same starting word.

I already ran this experiment at home. I use the same starting word as my wife, and she consistently beats my score. But she plays word games all the time.

• Heart 2

14 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

How do you like trying to herd cats, rr?!  :D 

A great analogy.  I thought it would be a fun little experiment, but the fun part is rapidly receding.   :rolleyes:

Even if just a handful of people join in, it will still be interesting to see how different minds work given the same starting point and "clues".

Just now, Road Runner said:

A great analogy.  I thought it would be a fun little experiment, but the fun part is rapidly receding.   :rolleyes:

Even if just a handful of people join in, it will still be interesting to see how different minds work given the same starting point.

But why start with a SOULLESS word.  A calculated and boring one?  Go with FUN over BLAH.  It's not a bad idea to have a go at this challenge, but damned if ADIEU or SOARE are just weak sauce!

1 hour ago, Kirby said:

Are we doing this tomorrow?   It's not like my results are so good that my impressive streak is at risk.

Yes.  Let's do it tomorrow.  From the poll, ADIEU is the starting word.  I will start a separate thread strictly fo those who want to participate in the great Wordle-Cafe common starting word experiment.  Then we can compare to see the differing or alike ways in which our brains operate.  :)

• Awesome 1

2 hours ago, Philander Seabury said:

I am pissed at Chris Cornell for offing himself.  I was late to the party but loved his singing.

Yeah.  Another dumbass.  He might've felt better about the world if he wasn't injecting hot syrup into his veins.  Sorry.  That was Kurt Cobain.  It's easy to get them confused.  Lane Staley was another one gone w/ too much talent.  Dave Grohl was smart for fleeing the grunge scene.  Pearl Jam is the only big name band I know that made it out alive.