A High Of 62F Today

Razors Edge
Go to solution Solved by Road Runner,

1 minute ago, Square Wheels said:

Don't ride inside because we know those miles don't "count".  Get out and ride.

Exactly!  Hoping it tapers off this afternoon.  We'll see. Weekend looks clear. Next week as well.  The days are growing longer!  I might pull off another winter of holding a modicum of fitness without having to buy a fat bike, studded tires, or a trainer!  Please pray for me :D

6 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Exactly!  Hoping it tapers off this afternoon.  We'll see. Weekend looks clear. Next week as well.  The days are growing longer!  I might pull off another winter of holding a modicum of fitness without having to buy a fat bike, studded tires, or a trainer!  Please pray for me :D

Yeah, I hear you.  I'd much rather do nothing than get a fake workout on my rollers.  My roads have been pothole ridden, narrowed due to snow, and often icy.  It would be far better to ride outside anyhow.  Seeing that isn't possible today, my health is much better served by sitting on my couch.

2 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

...but it has rained for over 24 hours straight.

THIS BETTER MELT all the damn ices piles! If I can't enjoy being outside in 50+ degree weather, at least I deserve clear roads for the next week or more once this rain lets up.

We're getting our 2nd day of continuous rain in Central MD. Temperature is 54° but wet.  I walked Jake on Wednesday, around 40°, sunny, and no wind, but - despite 4 days since a 1" snow - there were sheets of ice and snow on the low, shady trail spots that were tricky to navigate with a 100 lb dog pulling me along like a sliding sled.

There will be ice in those places on cold Sat. and Sun, but hopefully Monday's 40+, sunny weather will make them easy to pass over.