It's Done!

Parr8hed

So I talked mom into watching the rugrats (last couple of days of fall break) so I could go for a ride. 

It was overcast, sprinkling slight rain, breezy and about 60 degrees.  I went out on a mainly flat 20 miler down by the river with one climb that ends at the turn around.

First impression...TIGHT.  The bike makes no noise, everything feels just tight.  It rides very, very smooth.

The thing that impressed me most is how stiff it is.  I have never felt this "snap" before.  When you hit the gas this bike just goes.  It feels like all of your power is transferred to the pedals.  On the small climb I went up it climbed great.  But not a true climb, not nearly steep enough.  But when you stand out of the saddle and give it hell the bike goes.  And it feels solid in doing so.

The bottom line is: This is the nicest bike I have ridden, certainly the nicest I have owned.  I cannot imagine what I would want to upgrade to?  The only reason that I would want to get another frame is if I came into money and bought something that ended in "O" or I had some cat sit down with me that had years of welding scars on his hands.  He would have to measure me and build me something completely custom.

For those who are curious I have it built with full 105 9 speed (had pretty low miles on it) and a wheelset with DA hubs and open pro rims.  I have another set of Bonti race lites that are loaned out that I will eventually put on it. 

I'll plan on bringing my bike. And when we nail down our plans, I'll let you know.

That would be awesome.  Do you still have my cell?

Let me know if you need a place to crash.  We are only 2 hours from Indy, but you are welcome to stop here if needed.

The only reason that I would want to get another frame is if I came into money and bought something that ended in "O"

I need someone like you...with money!!!!!!  :P   

Ha!  I have no money.  I am paying out the ass for swim team for two kids, bikes for 2 kids (and a wife) vacations for 2 kids...

Well you get the point.