Under sink water filter systems

kingtermite

Anybody know anything about them?

Considering one for the kitchen in the new house. I like the idea of these in-line type systems and kitchen faucet is most likely place I'd 'want' one.

Anybody know where to being researching which models are better? How to compare/contrast between them? Find prices?

I've seen them at big box hardware stores like Lowes and Home Depot, but I'd like to get info from somebody (or website) that actually knows what they are talking about.

Anybody have some helpful advice?

I would go with local knowledge here.  Ask coworkers, or if you have neighbors that will speak to you, ask them.

Water quality and problems vary so much, that what works in Dallas would not work in Seattle or Spokane or whatever rainy drug infested part of the state  you live in.

I have an ebola filter on my faucet, the CDC had them on sale at Presby Dallas.

• Heart 1

are you looking for an RO system??? if so what will it be used for ( everything or just drinking and coffee pots)?

I have one hooked up in my basement I use for my saltwater fish tank. I also have a adapted DI system for removing more of the chemicals from the water..

I would look at getting a system that can do 100 gal a day or more depending on what you will be using it all for. 

I can get you the name of the company I use when I get home around 7 tonight if that helps you.. just remember these things are not cheap toys. 

are you looking for an RO system??? if so what will it be used for ( everything or just drinking and coffee pots)?

I have one hooked up in my basement I use for my saltwater fish tank. I also have a adapted DI system for removing more of the chemicals from the water..

I would look at getting a system that can do 100 gal a day or more depending on what you will be using it all for. 

I can get you the name of the company I use when I get home around 7 tonight if that helps you.. just remember these things are not cheap toys. 

I am thinking of one that filters the entire kitchen faucet, but the main thing I'm looking for is insurance that water taken from kitchen faucet for glasses of water and coffee are filtered. This kitchen sink has an 'in-sinkerator' or something like that which provides instant hot water. If I can filter the water and set the temp on that properly, then I can use that and do away with the instant hot water reservoir thingy that I use now (which is handy, but not connected to water line...has to be refilled manually).

I have an insinkerator and love it!  There are three separate parts, the filter, the hot water tank and the dispenser.  The tank only lasts about 5 years, we've replaced ours.  The whole setup cost about $750.  We have filtered water whenever we want it and filtered hot water too.  It's hot enough we can make tea right from the dispenser.  We use it multiple times every day.

If you have granite counters you'll need a special drill to install it, or I'd advise hiring someone.  If you have another type of counter, you can drill your own hole.

I have an insinkerator and love it!  There are three separate parts, the filter, the hot water tank and the dispenser.  The tank only lasts about 5 years, we've replaced ours.  The whole setup cost about $750.  We have filtered water whenever we want it and filtered hot water too.  It's hot enough we can make tea right from the dispenser.  We use it multiple times every day.

If you have granite counters you'll need a special drill to install it, or I'd advise hiring someone.  If you have another type of counter, you can drill your own hole.

Is the temperature on the insinkerator configurable? I want to be able to set it fairly accurately (within about 10F degree range to what I want)?

Configurable?  Not sure to what degree, but there is a thermostat.  I'm sure your Sanka will love it.

This is a pick of mine.

20141016_182204.jpg

OK. Thanks. I haven't actually looked at the details of the panel on this one. I'm guessing that can be set and then temp measured....I guess it depends on how hot they 'allow' it to go.

Thanks.

Well looks like info will not help... But I will still tell you the brand I use... 

It is called RO buddy... I guess it is more for Aquarium stuff them personal, but I still use it for making coffee with in the morning. :)

• Heart 1

Here is a link to the one we got.

We have never measured the actual temp, as you see from the pic, ours is set near the top.  It is more than hot enough for tea.  From the description:

Thermostat: Snap-action, adjustable from 160 degree F to 210 degree F

Cool. Thanks. I don't know which one is there, but that gives me hope that the temp will be hot enough. Now for looking into the water filter thing. I checked some Consumer Reports reviews on them last night. That's a starting point.