Question for my home gym

petitepedal
Go to solution Solved by Thaddeus Kosciuszko,

1 hour ago, MoseySusan said:

Thingies? 

Exactly :cheerleader: in a perfect world a single adjustable bar with "a thing" I can move up and down along the bar..and pass my bands through a solid loop to do pull downs and rotations...failing an adjustable bar..the three of these "thingies" at different heights.

• Solution
6 hours ago, petitepedal said:

the three of these "thingies" at different heights.

I would suggest three of these:

capture.jpg.3137766ab72a9194019922abb8d1fe59.jpg

and three of these:

Capture2.JPG.f919af904ceb5a53561f083eb94b9e14.JPG

Let's assume there are 2x4 wood studs in the wall, as would be for typical construction.  (You could ask your maintenance people to confirm.)

Put the eye hooks in at the three different heights you want.  Clip one carabiner into each eye hook.  When you want to use that particular height, open the carabiner and slip the resistance band in, and close the carabiner.

Use the closed eye screw hooks, not the open ones.  You don't want the bands or carabiners slipping off the open eye hook and clipping you in the back of the head.

Another variation:

Closed eye hook up high, a second closed eye down low.

Get a piece of chain slightly longer than the distance between the two hooks.  Clip a carabiner to the top of the chain, and one to the bottom.  Then clip the carabiners into the eye hooks.  

Hook a third carabiner through any chain link, and run the resistance band through that third carabiner too.

Now instead of three heights you'd have at least six for every foot of chain.

A note of caution with this approach: Make the chain a bit slack between the two screw eyes.  As you pull on the resistance bands, a tight chain will multiply the tension on the screw eyes toward the middle where the band is attached.  This will tend to bend the screw eyes or pull them out of the wall.  Install the chain so it makes a slight 'V" when you pull on the resistance bands, and this will cut down on the tension exerted on the screw eyes when you pull on the bands.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1