Cooper Kupp admiration thread

BuffJim

Being a Rams fan I have known of Kupp’s talents for some time.  He just needed a good QB to feed him the ball.  Some things about Kupp.

As a rookie he was having to teach the offense to veteran FA signing Sammy Watkins. The coaches were amazed how quickly he picked up the offense.  His ascension led to the release of Watkins.

He spends as much time in the QB room as in the receivers room and is considered a coach on the field.

Dude is not blazing fast but shifty and has led the league in yards after the catch.  He always seems to shimmy & shake for 5-10 yards after the catch.  

Him & Robert Woods are also outstanding blockers and are often assigned LB’s on running plays and lays wood to them too.  

Im glad he’s getting the recognition he has deserved for some time. 

• Heart 3

He got many fantasy football points for me.rhis year and two seasons ago. George Kittle is a great football player but seems a little wacky; Cooper is his more sane cousin. (In my mind..) 

I am very happy Cooper is such a reliable go-to guy for Matthew, and I'm really glad Coop got two touchdowns.

• Heart 3

On 2/14/2022 at 8:23 PM, BuffJim said:

I don’t think this guy gets enough credit. 
Ran a 4.62 40 at the combine. That’s considered tortoise territory for a Wide Receiver. 

2B6B1430-45B3-4E5A-B4EE-4AE439CE7F9F.jpeg

Fantastic player and fun to watch!  Kupp, Ja'Marr Chase, Travis Kelce, and Mark Andrews are among the few players where the QB can put the ball up for grabs and they'll outfight the defender for it.  Kupp is like a TE or big WR like Davante Adams: he gets a lot of yards after the catch.  Kupp has all the skills you'd want!

I drafted him onto a fantasy team and he made my very happy!

He'll will be one of the first few picks in fantasy football drafts next season.

The odd thing is Kupp really has been #2 receiver to Woods until Woods went down this year.  Woods is a similar possession type of receiver who normally draws the additional DB leaving Kupp open. That’s how Kupp got off to a fast start but once Woods went down opposing D’s still couldn’t stop him. 

I’d expect Woods to have a big year next year as D’s focus on Kupp. 

8 hours ago, Kzoo said:

I won’t drive this into P&R territory but there is a strong Christian aspect to his approach to his game.  If you’re interested go look it up.  If not, we can move along.

I found it funny that the victory parade is starting soon and they had a camera on Kupp & his wife.  Mrs Kupp has a large bottle of something in a plastic bag and Cooper is drinking from a Solo cup!  At 11 AM! 😂

Not that Christians don’t drink but it did strike me as funny!  Hope they really enjoy their parade!