The rescue, yesterday

Dirtyhip

2 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

you forgot crazy :D

R-9680259-1526323532-5496.jpeg.jpg

I would have taken the bus, but I was freezing my ass off.  It was Spring in the morning.  Those conditions changed, drastically.  

So, I have figured out how to avoid sitting at the bus stop for too long and how to make up for that lost climb at the end of the day.  Just ride around some streets and waste some time on my bike.  Winning!  I may even get more this way.  2nd cemetery tour?  Yes, please.

I chatted with the Museum guy, and I might even be able to help with the night tour during Oct.  Volunteers dress up as historical local figures.    :)

Feeling better about my bus resolution this morning.  It's going to be just fine.

• Heart 4

2 minutes ago, MoseySusan said:

Which bike? 

My Giant Seek.  Frumpy bike, and frumpy clothing today.  

It's this bike only way more rad.  It is decked out with fancier components, metal fenders, knobby and studded tires and more reflector tape.  Oh, and it's not sitting on flats.  My sexy bike is the CruX.  

seek.thumb.jpg.e329e09d42581074395cdd3bf53aa43d.jpg

2 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

metal fenders, knobby and studded tires and more reflector tape.

Perfect for weather riding. And moseying. mr. keeps trying to put fenders on my Iseo. Meh…maybe. It seems like last time I had fenders they rubbed the tire sometimes. But it would be nice to have no fear of some rain. 

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, MoseySusan said:

Perfect for weather riding. And moseying. mr. keeps trying to put fenders on my Iseo. Meh…maybe. It seems like last time I had fenders they rubbed the tire sometimes. But it would be nice to have no fear of some rain. 

and herein lies the beauty of the quiver.   Mood, weather and happiness are all taken into consideration.  

My mood was filled with irrational exuberance yesterday.

:D

• Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, MoseySusan said:

Right?! He got an old Trek mountain bike, hard tail, that he can put fenders on. It can be our weather bike. 

MTB is the perfect vehicle for this.  Flat bars are very stable and the frame is ideal for bumps and slides.  Your body is positioned better. 

It is easier to switch a bike, than to switch tires, and all the other modifications that I have on for inclement conditions.

8 minutes ago, MoseySusan said:

Right?! He got an old Trek mountain bike, hard tail, that he can put fenders on. It can be our weather bike. 

My Trek MTB was my short distance commuter/errand bike for years.  Once COVID rolled in, though, off came the fenders and racks and on went the fat tires. Back to dirt.  It will be interesting see what happens when/if we return to an office and commuting for me.  Which bike or, with a new station opening close by, will I just walk. :dontknow:

• Heart 1