Doing some maintenance on the Accord tomorrow

Razors Edge

51 minutes ago, jsharrwick said:

If you need a performance boost, you might install a set of these.  Same brand @BR46 uses

TT Store Blinker Fluid - General Dirt Bike Discussion - ThumperTalk

I see that those power bands are AMA approved. In the 500 I like the Red Power bands because they produce the power up on the top end and that works great for road racing.

When I was using the 500 for hill climbing I was using the Black Power bands for the low-end power and toque.

For motocross nothing beats the Blue Power bands. 

• Heart 2

@jsharrwick will be happy (or sad) to hear that I was STYMIED in my attempt at Accord maintenance today.  Apparently, I bought a bottle of BLUE windshield washer fluid, when careful review and analysis of the Accord's current  windshield washer fluid revealed it was ORANGE!

I'll have to take it into the shop to have it looked at, and maybe the whole system replaced :scratchhead:

Damn car companies messing with us!

image.png.39af4b8c0e78d162b260d94eb8bf6c33.png

• Heart 1

5 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

@jsharrwick will be happy (or sad) to hear that I was STYMIED in my attempt at Accord maintenance today.  Apparently, I bought a bottle of BLUE windshield washer fluid, when careful review and analysis of the Accord's current  windshield washer fluid revealed it was ORANGE!

I'll have to take it into the shop to have it looked at, and maybe the whole system replaced :scratchhead:

Damn car companies messing with us!

image.png.39af4b8c0e78d162b260d94eb8bf6c33.png

I would taste what is in the car and what is in the bottle.  If they taste the same, they are safe to mix.  This is true for all automotive fluids.  Gas, oil antifreeze, even battery acid.

• Awesome 1

Just now, jsharrwick said:

I would taste what is in the car and what is in the bottle.  If they taste the same, they are safe to mix.  This is true for all automotive fluids.  Gas, oil antifreeze, even battery acid.

Good advice.  Once Google indexes this site and digs through the meta data and whatnot, I assume your advice will pop to the top of folks web searches on best practices.  You'll be well loved, for sure!

• Heart 1