Rumor has it that our payroll admin is at a job interview.

2Far

We ROFed our last payroll admin b/c she was really struggling with the basics of the job. Current payroll admin was already here doing AP & some other accounting gymnastics (our parent is publicly owned, so there's a lot of T crossing & I dotting).

If what I overheard is correct, we currently pay the admin $12/hr. I.Am.Horrified!

FWIW, our payroll is a giant PITA. All but staff get different hours each week. Some sites have different pay rates, some have different per diem rates, there's travel pay between sites, some guys work a partial week at one site & the rest of the week at a different site.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I am waiting for the French revolution-style revolt.  At some point, it'll happen, people will only take insults like that for so long.

I once had a paper route that paid a nickel a paper!  Folks don't know how easy they have it these days!

TAXES!

Speaking of payroll, we have some big problems on our plate. One of the big workplace time card systems got hacked.  They tried to keep payroll running by paying us our normal, but then we were overpaid. We might have to give money back or lose our pay for about a month. Luckily, we can rely on our emergency fund to get us through. It is a mess.

4 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

Speaking of payroll, we have some big problems on our plate. One of the big workplace time card systems got hacked.  They tried to keep payroll running by paying us our normal, but then we were overpaid. We might have to give money back or lose our pay for about a month. Luckily, we can rely on our emergency fund to get us through. It is a mess.

I wonder if they will charge you interest for the "loan"? :D

7 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

And that's the thing about this great land of ours... If you don't like your pay, go interview for another job. 

This is the year of resignation, remember?

Exactly. And without something to complain about, we'd be bored out of our minds!

Let's see if I got this right...

Your company payroll is tedious and difficult to do.

One payroll person was let go, and management took that person's duties and dumped them on another person who already had a full time job doing tedious and difficult accounting work.

Management pays that person $12/hr, and did not give that person a raise (obviously!) when they dumped the extra work in their lap.

And it's 'rumor' that the person is interviewing?

I'm quite surprised the person hasn't long ago told management: