Wordle 242 4/6*

πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨
β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Spoiler

image.png.1d21265777966e0f604c40258236a6da.png

RR, word 3! Β :D
Your word 2 was better because it used another vowel. Β I always hate to use a letter twice. Β Gotta stop doing that! Β But it did yield two good consonants.

Β 

• Heart 4

7 hours ago, Philander Seabury said:

A toughie

RR, word 3! Β :D
Your word 2 was better because it used another vowel. Β I always hate to use a letter twice. Β Gotta stop doing that! Β But it did yield two good consonants.

I thought it was tough as well, but most people here seemed to have gotten it in 3 or 4, so maybe it was just tough for me.

Two days in a row, we used the same word in the same location.Β  Wordle seems to be reprogramming our brians.Β  Soon, the world may be filled with a bunch of like-thinking Wordle zombies.Β Β :oΒ  Β 

I also thought about using your word 2, but I never like using the same letter twice, especially when it's early in the guessing routine, such as word 2.Β  I try to use word 2 to pick up or eliminate the most common vowels and consonants that are missing from my starting word.Β Β 

• Awesome 1

36 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

I thought it was tough as well, but most people here seemed to have gotten it in 3 or 4, so maybe it was just tough for me.

Two days in a row, we used the same word in the same location.Β  Wordle seems to be reprogramming our brians.Β  Soon, the world may be filled with a bunch of like-thinking Wordle zombies.Β Β :oΒ  Β 

I also thought about using your word 2, but I never like using the same letter twice, especially when it's early in the guessing routine, such as word 2.Β  I try to use word 2 to pick up or eliminate the most common vowels and consonants that are missing from my starting word.Β Β 

I am also thinking that adieu may be a better starting word than later, since knocking out vowels seems more productive than even the most common consonants.Β 

• Heart 2

3 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

I am also thinking that adieu may be a better starting word than later, since knocking out vowels seems more productive than even the most common consonants.Β 

Lately, I have thought that as well.Β  We are well on our way to Wordle Zombie-land!Β Β :o

I don't like the D, however.Β  I would prefer to use an L, N, R or S.

• Haha 1

Wordle 242 4/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Β 

Spoiler

prose again fault caulk

I would not have come to the answer had I not chosen my third word.Β 

Just now, MoseySusan said:

Wordle 242 4/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Β 

Β  Hide contents

prose again fault caulk

I would not have come to the answer had I not chosen my third word.Β 

I used the same third word and then had to ponder on the opening and closing letters.Β  Took a bit.Β Β 

1 hour ago, Road Runner said:

I love the vowels, I just don't like the D.

L, T, N, R, and S are betterer.Β Β :)

I generally start with the vowels, then try to form a word using the popular consonants as my next step.Β  But that pretty much guarantees I'll never get it in two guesses and three is pure luck.

But if you like consonants, try Rants, Rents or Runts

4 hours ago, Rattlecan said:

right to the limit.

Wordle 242 6/6

🟨⬜⬜⬜🟨
🟨🟨⬜🟨⬜
⬜⬜🟩🟩🟨
⬜🟩🟩🟩⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I would be curious to know your fourth and fifth word choices. I got the same 2-3-4 positioned green letters and then just stared at it, unable to come up with any word options until it finally clicked.

29 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

I would be curious to know your fourth and fifth word choices. I got the same 2-3-4 positioned green letters and then just stared at it, unable to come up with any word options until it finally clicked.

Spoiler

Adieu

Lunar

Uvula

FaultΒ 

Hauls

mega brain fart on # 5. Lots of head scratching on this one.

Β 

• Heart 1

4 hours ago, Rattlecan said:
Β  Hide contents

Adieu

Lunar

Uvula

FaultΒ 

Hauls

mega brain fart on # 5. Lots of head scratching on this one.

Β 

We had the same first to words. I couldn’t come up with an alternate option for what ultimately proved to be correct. So it was my lack of imagination that got me there sooner!

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Road Runner said:

We can try it for awhile, at least.Β  I just wish the D was an N, or an S, or an R.Β Β :)

I tried it a few times in Quordle. It usually gives aboot two yellow vowels. Not great, but sounds good, let’s run it up the flagpole and see if anyone salutes it. :DΒ  Yeah, the D is pretty much worthless! Β :D

Β 

Β