Ok, owl bite. Why Bike Club Chick?Shirley it is snot blind carbon copy!

Ralphie

5 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

Maybe once that is done we could call it the MTBC forum after Montana Bike Chick. So what if she is long gone?!

That be cool. I miss her. When I was on the FB, I was frinends w/ her on there. I also wish Pesondude would come back, and Kennnneth (or however he spelled his name :D) We follow eachother on the Strava.

Edit: I follow MTBC on the Strava too ;)  but she doesn't post.

Just now, bikeman564™ said:

That be cool. I miss her. When I was on the FB, I was frinends w/ her on there. I also wish Pesondude would come back, and Kennnneth (or however he spelled his name :D) We follow eachother on the Strava.

Yup, we need to get the diaspora back!  How could they ever leave us?  Maybe some just FORGOT!

3 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

Yup, we need to get the diaspora back!  How could they ever leave us?  Maybe some just FORGOT!

I messaged MTBC some years ago, trying to get her to join...no dice :( Her name is Courtney (if anyone is friend's w/ her on the FB). I asked permission for her quote that I use :D

9 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

no story, aren't we all imaginary until we meet? :D

Ed Zachary! I only know most of y’all through interactions through a Loudoun County data center. I’ve met a few real people over the years but most I only know electronically via posts and discussions. Feels imaginary to me. 

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, Zealot said:

I met you, @Old No. 7, you’re real.  It was very cool.  😊

In my context, imaginary doesn’t mean a person does not exist, or that we are not real friends. It refers to the fact that we interact online. It’s a nice thing to be able to do that. Back in the 60’s, the concept didn’t exist other than pen pals and written correspondence. It’s interesting to observe the changes we’ve seen over the years.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

My favourite word for us is ethereal. Plus it is a damn fun word both to read and pronounce.   Seems very apropos to me. :)  Of course imaginary is more playful and funny.  I thought of ephemeral too but that falls a little short.  Virtual seems wrong since you can take it to mean “almost” instead of computerized.  

• Heart 2

14 minutes ago, Old No. 7 said:

In my context, imaginary doesn’t mean a person does not exist, or that we are not real friends. It refers to the fact that we interact online. It’s a nice thing to be able to do that. Back in the 60’s, the concept didn’t exist other than pen pals and written correspondence. It’s interesting to observe the changes we’ve seen over the years.

Absolutely! 

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

Who hasn’t? :D  Otherwise I have just met longjohn, Phoenix, shotgun, and 2Far.  There were no axe murders. :)

he get's around :D  That's cool. I've met: randomguy, krazy, fisher29 (RIP :() racebannon (I think), lonewolf, couch, tude, rick5234, roadog, digitalphotog, mr silly, charlie burgh. I think that's it. All good people, good times.

this was the "great cleveland meetup" of december 26, 2010, of the first 5 I have listed

1048804469_lfmeetupwinkinglizard122610-2.jpg.d4f4925e99a90b18627737661fbbb495.jpg