Lost My Legend Status - Again :(

Razors Edge

Knock her off the podium.  That'll teach her.

I tend to not worry about leaderboards that track mileage.  It just isn't a level playing field.  Many of my miles are dirt, gravel and big climbs.  Not all miles are created equal.  I ride because I love it.  I do try to track for our miles here.  I don't even own a bike that is road centric. I am glad you guys have them and enjoy it.  My road miles are usually to commute to places and not drive.

• Heart 3

11 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

I tend to not worry about leaderboards that track mileage

I see her and her man on a lot of rides (usually pass in opposite directions).  They're very consistent in their rides, but usually they are "private/hidden" rides, so don't show up in Strava.  This is one of those stat that Strava must keep on its own, and only let you know when you gain or lose the status.  I'll get a few more rides of that segment over the next week or so, but so will she :)

1 hour ago, Dirtyhip said:

I tend to not worry about leaderboards that track mileage.  It just isn't a level playing field.  Many of my miles are dirt, gravel and big climbs.  Not all miles are created equal.  I ride because I love it.  I do try to track for our miles here.  I don't even own a bike that is road centric. I am glad you guys have them and enjoy it.  My road miles are usually to commute to places and not drive.

You should be able to snag a lot of local legends on dirt and gravel. You ride to work every day. That should set you up for some local legends. I was snagging a lot of local legends in November, nobody else was riding In the freezing weather.

• Heart 1

13 minutes ago, MoseySusan said:

Like, whether he also takes off his shirt? 

7FBD38CF-0202-47A8-A974-C1BB256A54F1.jpeg

I was telling my Susan about some of the profile pictures some of the women in my age group post and wondering why they couldn’t do better than that. She told me you should see what the men post. Their main profile picture they are not wearing a shirt. :runcirclsmiley:I’m sure glad in all my pictures I’m wearing a shirt. I try not to let anyone see me without a shirt until I gain some weigh and muscle. Nobody wants to see bones.

9 minutes ago, MoseySusan said:

LJ?! Really…. I’ve thought of you as a body positive, nudity affirming person. What’s changed? 

While taking care of my wife and not getting to the gym or riding and having two heart attacks and chemotherapy I lost 50# of muscle. I didn’t have any fat to lose. I look like a skeleton with skin on it. I have gained some of the muscle back. Working on the upper body now, trying to cover up those ribs.

15 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

While taking care of my wife and not getting to the gym or riding and having two heart attacks and chemotherapy I lost 50# of muscle. I didn’t have any fat to lose. I look like a skeleton with skin on it. I have gained some of the muscle back. Working on the upper body now, trying to cover up those ribs.

Bones are good. We need bones. 

• Thank You 1

1 hour ago, Longjohn said:

This photo was before chemo, it got worse but I must have deleted that picture because I couldn’t stand to look at it.

0ABCB964-1F9D-4167-A348-BBF53F015D86.jpeg

I think you look fantastic.  Put the muscle back on slowly.  Many of us suffer in the opposite direction, too much of us to love.

Seems we're never happy with the way we look.  I try to accept myself, I fail most of the time, then I try to be kind and accept myself again.

• Thank You 1