No. Bringing me into this chaos does not sell me your phone.

MoseySusan

Where were the adults in the room when the discussion about this commercial was happening? Somebody needed to pull the power cord. 28 seconds of toddler mayhem is the last thing I want to associate with my cell phone. I can only conclude, I’m not the target demographic. 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

1 minute ago, MoseySusan said:

I want my phone to be a source of peace. 

RO's mom kept giving her phone to RO starting at a very early age.  RO had broken many phones, in the double digits, yet her mom is/was incapable of learning that giving your phone to a small child is a bad idea.   Now RO is old enough to handle phones without breaking them all the time, at least.  Her mom still loses her phone constantly, though.

• Haha 1

For me the screen time for such a small child is atrocious. Our daughter uses a computer at the library for an hour each week to use the same software that her elementary uses as an educational aide. She also does about an hour a week with the wife in Duolingo for German.

We do not want her glued to a TV or Phone at this early age. She has plenty of time to become addicted to technology on her own. Without us using it as a parenting crutch.

My 19 mo granddaughter loves her mother's phone.  She comes to our place and she wants grandma's phone.  Mine stays hidden.  She wants to see pics and videos.  2 weekends ago she was at our other daughter's house for some babysitting time and she used her aunt's iPhone to dial 911.  The operator said it happens a lot.

When she doesn't have the phone she wants the remote for the TV.  The little snapper knows the red button turns it on and up and down arrows change the channel.  She can get to her programs by herself.

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 1

11 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

My 19 mo granddaughter loves her mother's phone.  She comes to our place and she wants grandma's phone.  Mine stays hidden. 

I watched my very young (at the time) granddaughter have a total meltdown because her dad wouldn’t let her use his iPad. He flew in a few days after the others, and she literally hugged him and asked, “where’s the iPad?” when he arrived. When he said no, she cried from deprivation for a solid half hour. Her addiction was real. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, MoseySusan said:

I watched my very young (at the time) granddaughter have a total meltdown because her dad wouldn’t let her use his iPad. He flew in a few days after the others, and she literally hugged him and asked, “where’s the iPad?” when he arrived. When he said no, she cried from deprivation for a solid half hour. Her addiction was real. 

1 of my sisters and her hubby are actually quite strict with  iPad and iphone access.  At this time, I don't know what their daily time limits are. I believe they have not given their 14 yr. daughter to have her own cellphone yet.

I'm certain folks here are freakin' out.  It is possible sister lends iphone for situations when daughter is separated temporarily at some function outside of home. But while she is at home, she uses the landline or her parent's cellphone to talk with friends or she is on her laptop/desktop. I'm not sure of her home technology.

It's not a terrible thing..I see my eldest niece and nephew in their 30 ' s.... incredibly bright,  thoughtful people and tech savvy in the right way for their needs. As  children onward, they had computer access exposure home enough but they were time restricted/computer put out in living rm. I don't think they even owned a cell phone until they left home to live elsewhere. And this was a middle income family.

It bothers me, that some parents resort to strictly digital  iphone/ipad for young children, to think this will "advance" their child's fun/knowledge/skill. There IS still the regular tv or other toys. I guess  it's too much to ask parents nowadays  for their children to learn how read REAL books on their own that they enjoy from cover to cover.

• Heart 1