Sigh

Zealot

4 minutes ago, Zealot said:

That trip, I did solo and had no agenda. I rode each day until I found a place I wanted to stop. It was a ‘clear your head’ type of trip. 

Sounds awesome.   

I would like to do one of those with the bike and camper.  Find a place to set up base camp.  Go explore from there.  Move the base camp when you feel the need.  

• Heart 2

21 minutes ago, Zealot said:

I need to leave here and have another adventure.

Don't we all!

I feel good getting stuff on the calendar, but it is the near term stuff that get's me antsy.  Nice weather today, but various commitments get in the way.  It's a lot of "grab time" when you can for me, and sometimes, I miss the chance.

• Heart 1

22 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

Sounds awesome.   

I would like to do one of those with the bike and camper.  Find a place to set up base camp.  Go explore from there.  Move the base camp when you feel the need.  

Also hiking. 

Another solo backpacking trip. Well, Sadie went with me. 😊 

BFAFD892-F47E-40CF-ACD6-AE936D48D496.jpeg.fad3a95ed35775c39d1a32e3961618e2.jpeg

653FF146-6451-4BDA-9787-2499D5A0EDAA.jpeg.ce111d44a37237afc145c739961c9922.jpeg

• Heart 1

42 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

The Katy Trail over in Missouri has has places for campers. The Katy Roundhouse is a favorite of many.

https://www.google.com/search?q=rv&sitesearch=BikeKatyTrail.com

• Heart 1

4 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

Yea, that's pretty cool.  I saw signs for it when we were playing out that way.  Made me think of you. 

Those softball fields were right next to the Monarch Levee Trail which goes over the Missouri River on a bridge bike path that connects to the Katy. We often ride from there when we visit my son and his family who live in Chesterfield.

Had I known that you were over in Du Quoin, Illinois recently, I might have visited. It's not all that far from where I live.

• Heart 1

20 minutes ago, JerrySTL said:

Those softball fields were right next to the Monarch Levee Trail which goes over the Missouri River on a bridge bike path that connects to the Katy. We often ride from there when we visit my son and his family who live in Chesterfield.

Had I known that you were over in Du Quoin, Illinois recently, I might have visited. It's not all that far from where I live.

That was a last minute invite to sub for a team.  Boy, there is NOTHING in DuQion.  

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Longjohn said:

Where did you get the rain covers for your panniers? You didn’t have those for @petitepedal big adventure. Did your stuff get wet on the adventure? Did they make it hard to access your stuff. So many questions.

I bought them off amazon.  I had a fair amount of rain on that trip. And the covers worked very well. I had no wet gear.

I didn’t have any issues accessing what I needed to. 

• Heart 1