Product review - Cedar's Spinach Dip

Randomguy

Most of the time, I think spinach dips would taste better without the spinach.   I still think that.  Hell, I know that.

Anyway, this was the dip the gf and I got for the super bowl (and I bought more last night at the LGS).  Good stuff, and healthier because it is made with Greek yogurt instead of tasty sour cream (as is proper).  The yogurt base was fine and a little tangier (but very nice), the spinach and veggies within were fine, and it all worked well together, whether dipped into with kettle chips or pita chips.  This was the first spinach dip that I have had where I didn't feel it would be instantly improved if you left out the spinach.  You should probably try it if you like this kind of thing.

Save on Cedar's Spinach Dip Order Online Delivery | Giant

INGREDIENTS

Yogurt (Grade A Pasteurized Skim Milk, Cream, Milk Protein Concentrate, Food Starch, Gelatin, Pectin, Cultures (Streptococcus Thermophilus, Lactobacillus Delbrueckii Sub Sp. Bulgaricus, Lactobacillus Paracasei, Propionibacterium Freudenreichii, Shermanii)), Water Chestnuts, Spinach, Mayonnaise (Soybean Oil, Egg Yolks, Distilled Vinegar, Water, Sugar, Salt, Cider Vinegar, Spices), Seasoning Mix (Maltodextrin, Potato Starch, Salt, Yeast Extract, Onion Powder, Tomato Powder, Soybean Oil, Spices), Dehydrated Vegetables (Carrots, Tomato, Celery, Cabbage, Leeks), Garlic, Celery Salt, Sea Salt, Natamycin (natural preservative).

5 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

As far a taste goes, I got a container of Dean's French Onion Dip to pig out with Ritz Crackers during the Super Bowl.

30 Cal/tbsp and I kept eating and eating the two things.  I won't buy it again for a while - too many Calories and water weight gain.

French onion is the dip I think of when I think of dip.  This was the day of the super bowl, though, so stuff was bought out.  I would have made my own if there was any 'real' sour cream in the store, but the only sour cream left was just the crap with all the gums and fillers and stabilizers, but that stuff is pure poison.

4 hours ago, Ice Shanty Hooker said:

Most of the time, I think spinach dips would taste better without the spinach.   I still think that.  Hell, I know that.

I think if you make a spinach dip, it works out better. Pre-made seems like that would be a sketchier proposition.

• Haha 1