When you eat, do you just want to continue eating until you are about ready to assplode?

Randomguy

Me too - I like to eat a lot, especially when my sedentary lifestyle is interrupted by exercise and I'm hungrier than usual.

To compensate, I've been eating more things that have less calories per unit volume than normal, like soups and cereals.

I have reached the point where I don't eat an entire 12" cheeseburger sub at one sitting - it makes 2 meals now.

A dinner of one legquarter and a wing from a 3 lb rotisseries chicken plus half a can of green beans and half a can of stewed tomatoes (just 469 total calories!) should be enough, but soon after I find myself tempted to grab some Cheez-Its or Pretzels or Chocolate Covered Almonds.

• Heart 1

Portion control, cook only enough for however many people you are feeding. Serve the meal on the plate restaurant style. No going back for seconds, there aren’t any. You can make large portions but seconds are a rare thing. My daughter in law in Georgia feeds her family that way and they are all fit and trim and healthy. As you know I’m trying to gain weight so I have to make extra when I cook.

16 minutes ago, Ice Shanty Hooker said:

I do, I like to get really full, much to my detriment.  This may be a side affect of growing up in the midwest.

How have you been successful in avoiding this?

It depends.  I have a friend that is a good cook.  I have eaten until I feel uncomfortable.  At home, I generally keep good portion control.  Maybe it is form smelling it for hours.  I heard that can deter the gluttony.  I guess once I chop, mix, cook and all that, I am sorta over it.  :D   Dining out I have problems at times.  I want everything.  

1 hour ago, BuffJim said:

I fell victim to this last night. Usually do reasonably well, but I ate a full sub, when intending to eat half. Ooops. Will test my BS in a while and see if any lingering effects exist. 

BS was 20 points higher than yesterday same time. Not terrible, but also not necessary. 

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Ice Shanty Hooker said:

When you eat, do you just want to continue eating until you are about ready to assplode?

My digestion doesn't work that fast or I don't continue eating for that long a period of time.  Usually, it would be: eat <-> time elapses <-> assplosion.  Not sure I can compete with you :(