It is very easy

dinneR

IRL, I am always amazed if someone gets on the wrong plane.  In recent years, I can't remember ever not scanning my boarding pass, so how out of it does one have to be to still board?  Might not be true for JH, but even there you would think boarding passes would be checked.

I also am amazed when two people have the same seat.  How does that happen?

1 minute ago, Razors Edge said:

IRL, I am always amazed if someone gets on the wrong plane.  In recent years, I can't remember ever not scanning my boarding pass, so how out of it does one have to be to still board?  Might not be true for JH, but even there you would think boarding passes would be checked.

I also am amazed when two people have the same seat.  How does that happen?

At JAC, there are 9 gates. You scan your pass, then go outside onto the tarmac. You then have to locate your plane. Typically, there are one or two to choose from. There are giant words on the side to assist you. If you blindly follow the person in front of you, both of you could board the incorrect flight.

Again, don't ask how I know this.

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, denniS said:

At JAC, there are 9 gates. You scan your pass, then go outside onto the tarmac. You then have to locate your plane. Typically, there are one or two to choose from. There are giant words on the side to assist you. If you blindly follow the person in front of you, both of you could board the incorrect flight.

Again, don't ask how I know this.

That explains how you can do that at such a small airport.  I've never flown there, just picked people up there.

I hope you didn't end up in Ohio.