Add the word “dongle” to the list.

MoseySusan

MS: Do you like the muffins? 
mr: Yah. They’re great. 
MS: They’re just average size. What about the texture? I crushed some of the blueberries before adding them in. 
mr: It’s good. Nice and…edible. 
MS: Not dry at all. Good crumb…

mr: I’m not going to say that word. 

• Haha 1

A dongle is common on engineering computers.  Often the design software is licensed for use on a limited number of computers.  To use the software, a "dongle" must be plugged into the computer.  Think of it as an electronic pass code for the software.

The software queries the "dongle" to see if it's running in an approved environment.  No dongle is going to be a failure to launch.

• Heart 3

Just now, maddmaxx said:

A dongle is common on engineering computers.  Often the design software is licensed for use on a limited number of computers.  To use the software, a "dongle" must be plugged into the computer.  Think of it as an electronic pass code for the software.

My Mac doesn’t have a USB port. I have to use a… One of those adapters.

45 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

The software queries the "dongle" to see if it's running in an approved environment.  No dongle is going to be a failure to launch.

Our CAM software is like this

Just now, Dottles said:

So if some confronted you with a moist dongle in your onomatopoeia  -- you'd smirk? 

No. I avoid the word smirk. I wouldn’t smirk. I might shake my head, though. Keep that moistened dongle away from my onomatopoeia, please. 

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1