Did some mathing

petitepedal

9 hours ago, petitepedal said:

It is time to purchase more trainer sessions in a couple weeks...it is cheaper if I purchase 25 session..than to buy them 10 session at a time..so I crunched numbers...and it comes out to almost $7 a day...I use to drink 2 20oz diet sodas a day which was about $4...Ok...this is a bit more..but it is also better for me :D

At this point, do you need a personal trainer for either motivational help or instruction, or would it be cheaper to join a gym?

My sister wants to start exercising and joined a Planet Fitness near her home for $10/month which includes some group trainer and aerobic sessions.  There was no fee to join through this week so she joined.  I may do the same if I don't get enough out of working out at home.

I used to drink a lot of diet soda and am now down to two 16 oz Diet Cokes a day.  The supermarkets here have them at a standard price of 3 six-packs for $12, but I wait until they are on sale at 4 six-packs for $10 to $12.  That's $0.87 to $1.00 per day for 2 of them.

5 minutes ago, Zealot said:

Motivation.  

And she gets the undivided attention of a young hunk the whole time. The first gym I belonged to did an annual fitness evaluation and mine was done by a young college girl for a couple years. It felt good having her tell me how well I was doing. And petite is doing well working with a trainer so he would also be giving her positive reinforcement all the time. She doesn’t have a husband to do that. I spent more than that per month getting massages when I was working. For me it was worth it. It kept me able to do my very physical job into my late sixties when everyone else stepped down in their 50s or sooner.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Dirtyhip said:

Wow.  Your trainer is very inexpensive.  My experience with personal trainers was much higher than that.  My experience was well over $25 a session, if I recall.

I am glad you stay so strong.  It is inspiring.

$60 an hour..top of my budget range...after the other company took over prices went up (I was paying $50 originally and thought that was high) they upped my price as "grandfathered" in at $65 per session but it is $60 if I buy more..new folks pay $100+ for a private session..

• Heart 1

I don’t like having the therapist telling me what to do in PT. Personally I can’t imaging paying someone to tell me what to do in my workouts. And $100.00 an hour to have them do that??  Fugitaboutit!

But that’s just me. I see the benefit and reasoning. 

Actually last evening, I wasn’t in a great mood. I’d pulled my shoulder Wednesday evening and fully expected that I’d torn something. 

Thursday, I popped some pills and babied the shoulder all day. Wanted to call and cancel the session , but hate doing that on such short notice. 

So I got there and I explained and told her that I couldnt work my right arm that session. She asked a bunch of questions about meds and pain level, etc. I said, “I took pills, it hurts and that’s it”. 

She then said, “Ok we can do ultrasound, tens and ice. She had me put my arm on a table, which doing so was painful but was ok once there. Then she asked me to remove my shirt. I said, “I’m not removing any clothing.” Then she reached to unbutton my shirt and ask if I’d just slip my arm out. I moved back and told her “no.” She then told me she couldn’t do the US or tens over my shirt. She asked what then I wanted to do. I replied, “I’m just going home.” 

And I did. 

Im not a good patient. And don’t want to be one in my leisure activities (weights, exercise, etc) 😉 

If not for my trainer..I would have gotten bored at planet fitness..where their young trainer gave me a pretty simple workout..or I would probably have injured myself....I have good form and we have only had to tweak a few things..the thing is..I would never tried to do 1/2 of what I am doing with a trainer..and I am way stronger than if left on my own...