Good Morning

Zealot

55 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Hope you get your power back soon.  I’ve heard that one of the shortage items is transformers.

I went out with a flashlight and surveyed about 5:30. One of the trees on my property went down and took out the wires. Hopefully the transformer is not blown and the power company can restring the wires.

Just came into work and the is debris and trees down all over.  And several outages. 

• Heart 1

Yesterdays rain turned to sleet and then snow overnight. Only an inch or so this morning. I had to go to the Town barn last night and get about 15 5-gallon buckets of sand for the driveway as it was a sheet of ice. Probably need to do that again next week as more rain in forecast🙁

My brother lives in a fifth wheel camper in a park down by the creek. It flooded so he moved his truck and his golf car to higher ground. By the time he got back he had to use hip waders to get to his camper. The water is right up to his door. Luckily cold weather came back overnight and it’s snowing now instead of raining. He sent me a video from inside his camper and the water is raging underneath his camper. It looks like he may get washed downstream. He is connected to water, sewer, and electric. If it moves his camper it’s going to make a mess.

• Sad 3

20 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

Gusts to 33 mph here and getting windier - the tree branches I see through my windows are constantly whipping back and forth.

Rain overnight, so I hope the wind dries the rain puddles by the time I walk Jake in the afternoon.

image.png.c7c63f1441d06c996a16a892f3814866.png

image.png.618cf650c9fe67314f4b40abf2f0034c.png

We had the rain most of the night, so the ground is pretty saturated. Which doesn’t help the trees when the wind kicks up. 

5 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

My brother lives in a fifth wheel camper in a park down by the creek. It flooded so he moved his truck and his golf car to higher ground. By the time he got back he had to use hip waders to get to his camper. The water is right up to his door. Luckily cold weather came back overnight and it’s snowing now instead of raining. He sent me a video from inside his camper and the water is raging underneath his camper. It looks like he may get washed downstream. He is connected to water, sewer, and electric. If it moves his camper it’s going to make a mess.

Ouch!  Hope he’s able to keep it in place and the waters recede soon!

• Thank You 1

He knew his lot was in the flood zone when he bought his lot. I tried to talk him out of it but he needed a place to live and that was the only unsold lot in the park. I wonder why it wasn’t sold? He’s on his third year living there and it usually floods a couple times a year but this is the worst he has seen it.

That’s the creek that goes through Skunk hollow and down into Lake Latonka. When it comes out of Lake Latonka it is called Coolsprings creek and it flows into Mercer. It floods every year as the snow melts and sometimes in the summer with heavy rains. It flooded the road I used to get to work. Working third shift I was driving to work one night and the water on the road kept getting deeper. I couldn’t tell where the edge of the road was to back up so I kept going. Water was coming in around the doors but I made it to work. Worked all night but they called all the guys on dayturn and told them to stay home. I found a road that wasn’t flooded as bad to get home. I had to pull the transmission pan to get all the water out of the transmission. Put fresh fluid in and it never gave me any trouble.