New Boot Day!

jsharr

3 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Yeah, and he's standing in front of a horse barn.  But darn that buckle is sweet.

agreed, but I do not want people to get the wrong idea.  Perception is everything.  Imagine me climbing out of my Chrysler 300 wearing an authentic Texas Rancher buckle like that.

5 minutes ago, jsharrwick said:

agreed, but I do not want people to get the wrong idea.  Perception is everything.  Imagine me climbing out of my Chrysler 300 wearing an authentic Texas Rancher buckle like that.

They'd just think that your '58 Cadillac i in the shop and you are driving a loaner.

6 hours ago, Wilbur said:

I hope the stitching is better on yours because those pull straps are truly terrible craftsmanship.  

It was worse.  Put them on, looked down to see that stitching that holds the sole on was almost off the edge of the boot, took them off, boxed them up and fired off an email to Tecovas.  The sole on the other boot has a big dip or wave in it that is apparent to the naked eye.  Stitching on the pull straps was average at best.

tecovas stitching.jpg

tecovas sole.jpg

• Sad 2

31 minutes ago, jsharrwick said:

They included a prepaid return label in the box and I have already requested full refund through their website. It was painless and I didn’t really waste any time

Try Don Juan out of Pharr, TX.  Cheap, handmade, can be custom made.  Just specify your size off the website.  Made to measure for under $300

https://donjuanbootsonline.com/pages/hand-made-boots

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

6 hours ago, BR46 said:

Are you going to keep the boots or send them back?

Tecovas has GREAT customer service.  Reached out to me today and arranged for me to return the boots for refund or exchange at either of their stores in the area.  Ended up at the Dallas store on Henderson Avenue and exchanged them for a pair of round toe bison boots.  Much better stichting and I like the shape and color better.  Should have just gone to the store...  I dislike online shopping sometimes.

Hickory Bison-pair

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

43 minutes ago, jsharrwick said:

Tecovas has GREAT customer service.  Reached out to me today and arranged for me to return the boots for refund or exchange at either of their stores in the area.  Ended up at the Dallas store on Henderson Avenue and exchanged them for a pair of round toe bison boots.  Much better stichting and I like the shape and color better.  Should have just gone to the store...  I dislike online shopping sometimes.

Hickory Bison-pair

Glad you had a happy ending.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1