Is Barry Manilow underrated?

Randomguy

I ever tell you my Barry Manilow story?  Well I you are gonna read it anyway…

Sony Pictures circa 1995 and I’m feeling couped up in my office so I go for a walk.  I head over to Overland Gate which is the main gate & I help out the gate guards.  One of the guys says ooh glad you are here I really have to go to the bathroom.  Yeah man I got this, take off…

So Barry Manilow is doing a recording and a bunch of his musicians are arriving. I have the roster & as each pulls up they say “musician for Barry Manilow”.  OK please park in the structure & go to stage 15…

After 15-20 of these guys comes in a car pulls up, stops and I’m checking the roster waiting for the guy to say something.  After a few seconds of silence I ask if he’s here for Barry Manilow?  I am Barry Manilow… I look up and sure as shit it’s Barry Manilow!

Oh yea yes you are! Welcome to Sony Pictures you have a parking spot outside stage 15, know where to go? Yeah thanks! He shakes my hand & drives in.  

Now if that was Barbara Streisand the next thing she would have done is call the a president of Sony Pictures and demand my termination.  That bitch had about 20 people fired, about 5 of my team for total bulll shit reasons..

• Heart 3
  • Awesome 1

14 minutes ago, Ice Shanty Hooker said:

Please explain.

It's just my opinion.

Like every thing else there's bands that I like and bands I don't. There's music that I like to listen to that you might think that they are overrated and I think that they are underrated. 

1 hour ago, ChrisL said:

I ever tell you my Barry Manilow story?  Well I you are gonna read it anyway…

Sony Pictures circa 1995 and I’m feeling couped up in my office so I go for a walk.  I head over to Overland Gate which is the main gate & I help out the gate guards.  One of the guys says ooh glad you are here I really have to go to the bathroom.  Yeah man I got this, take off…

So Barry Manilow is doing a recording and a bunch of his musicians are arriving. I have the roster & as each pulls up they say “musician for Barry Manilow”.  OK please park in the structure & go to stage 15…

After 15-20 of these guys comes in a car pulls up, stops and I’m checking the roster waiting for the guy to say something.  After a few seconds of silence I ask if he’s here for Barry Manilow?  I am Barry Manilow… I look up and sure as shit it’s Barry Manilow!

Oh yea yes you are! Welcome to Sony Pictures you have a parking spot outside stage 15, know where to go? Yeah thanks! He shakes my hand & drives in.  

Now if that was Barbara Streisand the next thing she would have done is call the a president of Sony Pictures and demand my termination.  That bitch had about 20 people fired, about 5 of my team for total bulll shit reasons..

I have heard many BS stories like yours, she seems pretty reprehensible from everything I have heard of her.

2 hours ago, Wilbur said:

If you could throw Kenny G in the mix, I would have a hat trick of dislike.  :)

Kenny G earned a place in the Guinness Book of World Records in 1997 for playing the longest note ever recorded on a saxophone. Using circular breathing, Kenny G held an E-flat for 45 minutes and 47 seconds at J&R Music World in New York City.

• Thank You 1