Keeping up with family traditions

KrAzY

Just now, KrAzY said:

My great grandpa was along with cousins of that time. I have family recipes of beer/wine/and hootch that were past down. My grandpappy never let me know if he was, but he taught me young on how to do copper work, and drank from Masson jars while camping😅

I love this. 

• Heart 1

Just now, Philander Seabury said:

The Valiant is looking good!

Thanks.. she is gonna need some work this summer. Needs new shocks (original still on the car), needs a couple new gaskets to stop some leaking, and need to rehang the muffler (a clamp or two came loose).

also need to find time to work on the Chevy… it’s just collecting dust right now

14 minutes ago, KrAzY said:

Thanks.. she is gonna need some work this summer. Needs new shocks (original still on the car), needs a couple new gaskets to stop some leaking, and need to rehang the muffler (a clamp or two came loose).

also need to find time to work on the Chevy… it’s just collecting dust right now

Can you post a full photo of the car?

• Heart 1

8 minutes ago, Zealot said:

Love that push button transmission!  Honestly didn’t realize the tech was that old. 

Supposedly Chrysler started the push button transmission in the mid ‘50’s. It’s funny how things are redone throughout history. 
the wing windows are awesome, minus the fact that the driver side only opens until it hits the mirror. The passenger side can be flipped almost 180 degrees. 

• Heart 1

25 minutes ago, KrAzY said:

Supposedly Chrysler started the push button transmission in the mid ‘50’s. It’s funny how things are redone throughout history. 
the wing windows are awesome, minus the fact that the driver side only opens until it hits the mirror. The passenger side can be flipped almost 180 degrees. 

I had the vent windows on my Chevelle and in my Bronco. And both driver side opened the full range. 😊 

Our Ram has the ‘knob’ transmission. I miss the column lever. 

• Heart 1

42 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

Can people buy a permit to do this?  I know there are small bath businesses that do this.  Just curious how they do that.

Owning and operating a still is perfectly legal  unless you are distilling alcohol in any way. 
BUT a couple states state they allow it for home use only. You can apply and buy permit to manufacture race fuel/alcohol, and that would run you about 2k a year. 

mostly the government is after the tax money, and does not like people making alcohol. BUT… two things are better about homemade stuff.. it’s cleaner then the stuff you get at the store (typically companies will run days before cleaning their equipment, plus they also will Lengthen their process leaving too many heads and tails which is what gives you that bad feeling the next day. 
Second is for what I get about 3 gallons from actually costs $12 to make.. 

like I said.. this is for flavored water only. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, KrAzY said:

Owning and operating a still is perfectly legal  unless you are distilling alcohol in any way. 
BUT a couple states state they allow it for home use only. You can apply and buy permit to manufacture race fuel/alcohol, and that would run you about 2k a year. 

mostly the government is after the tax money, and does not like people making alcohol. BUT… two things are better about homemade stuff.. it’s cleaner then the stuff you get at the store (typically companies will run days before cleaning their equipment, plus they also will Lengthen their process leaving too many heads and tails which is what gives you that bad feeling the next day. 

Very interesting.  I like your water idea.  :)

Permit cost very much outweighs just buying it.  I just can't fathom spending even 1000 on alcohol.  But, we ae mostly a dry family here.  Trail Boss likes whiskey but there is no abuse with it.  

• Heart 1

17 minutes ago, KrAzY said:

My state: https://wvmetronews.com/2022/01/24/house-bill-passes-to-ease-restrictions-on-homemade-liquor/

• Awesome 1

1 hour ago, Dirtyhip said:

Very interesting.  I like your water idea.  :)

Permit cost very much outweighs just buying it.  I just can't fathom spending even 1000 on alcohol.  But, we ae mostly a dry family here.  Trail Boss likes whiskey but there is no abuse with it.  

I’m a minimal drinker. Unless there is a BIG family/friend get together and I’ll put some booze down.. 😂

Alright you slackers.. since y’all been just playing on here and moping around town.. I got roughly 50 pounds of corn ground into flower/meal. 
decided to pack it in 2.5lb bags for easy grab and dump. Now I just need a larger fermentation bucket for a 15 gal batch. 

image.jpg

• Heart 2