Flip phone for my mom - Lively Jitterbug 2 or Consumer Cellular?

Ralphie

Anyone here have any experience with phones for seniors?  My mom really resists a smart phone.  She insists on having something as simple as possible, and she seldom leaves the house except to garden, so her desktop computer can handle most of her internet needs ahspose.  She lives alone so the call button that the Jitterbug has is a biggie. So staying as small as possible makes it more likely for her to always have it with her. So that seems to give an edge to the Jitterbug

36 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

My mom is in her 70s and tech clueless.  My wife and daughter insisted on getting her an iPhone because they are relatively simple to use, not configurable, and hard to mess up.

She loves it.  Going on 5 or so years now.

I was pushing for an iPhone SE because she likes small and I thought she would like it, but she can be strongly anti-tech!

A good example is she won’t do Wordle because she always found those jumbles on the comic page too frustrating, as did I.  Lately Wordle is no problem, but Quordle can get frustrating for me when you don’t have enough hits in letters. I told her Wordle is easier than the newspaper ones because it gives you good help, but to no avail. Weird because she loves crosswords and other puzzles on paper.  

3 hours ago, Philander Seabury said:

Anyone here have any experience with phones for seniors? 

You need to consider the members here...   I'd suggest many if not most of us 'qualify' as seniors.   I'm collection my Social Security.  ( better to collect now before it's all gone )

3 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

My wife is in her 70s and tech clueless. 

Fixed it for me.  ^^^

For years WoBG and a Razr flip phone.  She NEVER wanted a new phone.   Then they turned off the 2G network.  WoBG got a free flip phone and used that for a few years. 

About 2 1/2 years she finally got a smartphone, the Apple XR.    She wanted easy to use.  And her friends told the the Apple phones are easy to us.    I suppose that is the case, because she can use it. :)    But I still get questions "How do I do this?"    Then I need to figure that out how.  I use a Samsung Galaxy S7, things are just a bit different.    

• Heart 1