Day one

2Far

2 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

Ok..5 days not so bad..a dose pack kinda thing..start high and taper down?

Yep. 

My dogs have not fully recovered from the post-Covid gout flare-up. Soft tissue, feels like I walked 50 miles yesterday. Was getting better very slowly. I got impatient, hence the steroids. 

6 minutes ago, 2Far said:

Yep. 

My dogs have not fully recovered from the post-Covid gout flare-up. Soft tissue, feels like I walked 50 miles yesterday. Was getting better very slowly. I got impatient, hence the steroids. 

It has been a few years for me..but I did 2 back to back prescriptions during one of my nasty  lung things (I sometimes get your typical bronchitis..but every once and awhile I get a bug that triggers an asthmatic kind of response and I need prednisone)..anyway..that extra does took care of my rosacea issues..so far so good anyway...I told my doc if I had to do prednisone to keep the rosacea clear so I could bike without nasty flare ups...we were doing it.  

Hope it helps your feets.

• Heart 1

8 hours ago, 2Far said:

Yep. 

I was prescribed prednisone for 10 days (10-9-8-etc. pills per dose) when I couldn't shake a winter chest infection a few years back.

Gave me a lot more energy than usual, but I'm not tempted to keep supplementing with steroids - too many potential bad effects with long-term use.

• Heart 2

9 hours ago, 2Far said:

5 wonderful days. 

That's not bad.  When I had Covid I was on it for 2 months.  I think it was the only thing that made a real improvement.  I have had it multiple times in my life for respiratory events.  If you need it, you need it.  Take it and enjoy the energy boost while it lasts. :) 

• Heart 1