An interesting fact about Susan

Longjohn

59 minutes ago, Zealot said:

I’ve heard that often from the women who work in my profession. 

I think it depends on the profession. 

One tendency that might be more noticeable...this penchant for details, which is good for certain occupations but at times, it's overworrying on certain details which clients won't care much/will notice. Of course, I try to say this nicely without writing off  folks. Or I just mentally close my ears.  There is 1 colleague who is abit rigid and wants the world to behave in a logical, perfect way, step by step. She believes writing this minutiae will solve problems, in already enough training documentation.

Yea, sure. Whenever human beings are involved, we KNOW you can only corral folks in the same direction..not into the same holding pattern/pen.:slow-dance-smiley:

Details in my line of work...if one is not alert  to focus on key (not all), leads to information destroyed, lost, inacessible or revealed inappropriately to wrong party.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Longjohn said:

She once quit a decent paying job working in a hospital office because she said there was too much drama working in an office full of women. Instead she took a job at a Mennonite dairy farm milking cows.

She told me the most dangerous animal on the farm is not the bull but the first calf heifer. They panic when you try to attach the milking machine and go crazy kicking.

Did you point out to her that all her new cow orkers were females at the dairy?  

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Thaddeus Kosciuszko said:

I have never had this experience, therefore I will refrain from commenting upon such a statement.

:whistle:

I've worked in some predominantly male organizations...professionals up to top management. :D 

Over the years, because of those experiences, it's changed my style how I handle various situations. It does help I come from a family with a direct style..so when I see/hear certain situations it doesn't upset me or not as much as others.