Our Annual Family Winter Trip

team scooter

7 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

Very cool pics. Where in Michigan? The yoop I reckon.

Actually LandOLakes Wisconsin, right on the Wisconsin/Michigan state line. We rode up into Michigan from there. I love it UP there. Wish I took more pics. Waiting for others to send me some of their pics. Met up with some folks from our old snowmo club, folks we were really close with but lost touch over the years. Hugs and tears were had by all. Hopefully they will send us the pics they took. 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

5 minutes ago, team scooter said:

Actually LandOLakes Wisconsin, right on the Wisconsin/Michigan state line. We rode up into Michigan from there. I love it UP there. Wish I took more pics. Waiting for others to send me some of their pics. Met up with some folks from our old snowmo club, folks we were really close with but lost touch over the years. Hugs and tears were had by all. Hopefully they will send us the pics they took. 

Very cool. Did @smudgecharge admission? :D

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Parr8hed said:

Very nice!  That looks sketch, pulling a trailer in the snow.  How did it pull?  what does that setup weigh?

Our CX 9 pulls our 2200 pound trailer better then my old Dakota. The CX is a bit heaver then my Dak, and with the AWD its no problem. But our son's trailer is longer and weighs over 3000 pounds so his Lincoln Aviator was getting blown around a bit with the winds. 

• Heart 1

27 minutes ago, jsharrwick said:

My power flickered and I have an overwhelming desire to stock up on bread and milk and toilet paper after just looking at those pictures.

You guys have some really twisted ideas of fun family trips!  How can you even driven in that?

LOL. Truth be told, the lake effect snow didn't start until 30 (or so) miles from the cabin. Its different UP there too. People are used to driving in the snow. It stays cold, so they use more sand than salt. Many roads remain snow covered all winter or until a mid winter thaw. To me, its much easier to drive up there then down here where they salt the crap out of everything and cause slush and ice and dirty messy looking conditions to form afterwards. While we were up there, it snowed a few inches almost every night.

• Heart 2