Is Winter Over A Month Early?

Razors Edge

8 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Can we be that lucky? Can I put away the snow shovel and other snow gear until next year?

Crossing my fingers!!!!!

YAY :cheerleader:  :hapydance:   :happyanim:

It’s too early to poke a finger in the eye of winter. Keep the shovels and ice scrapers handy for a few more weeks. The ground-level yellow/green fog will be here soon enough.

• Heart 1

25 minutes ago, Old No. 7 said:

It’s too early to poke a finger in the eye of winter. Keep the shovels and ice scrapers handy for a few more weeks. The ground-level yellow/green fog will be here soon enough.

But I think we're out of the woods.  Flurries? Sure. Real accumulation? Safe until next winter!

Take that, stupid groundhog!!!! :o

3 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

WTF are you talking about? 

That we've turned the. corner on winter.  Ie, it is "over".  We've got daffodils and other flowers popping up around me, and the temps are lovely. No snow, no ice, no shovels, no winter gear.  Spring might be sprung! :cheerleader:

Even RR's map shows my instincts might be spot on!

5 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

Can we be that lucky? Can I put away the snow shovel and other snow gear until next year?

Crossing my fingers!!!!!

YAY :cheerleader:  :hapydance:   :happyanim:

We had a cold January and I'm looking forward to a lower energy bill for February, because it's averaging 39.3° in February so far vs 32.3° for January and the rest of the month is expected to remain relatively warm.  With my new, well-insulated house and 92% efficiency furnace, my avg. 2014-2020 energy bills each year for Dec. thru April - for energy use (gas heat and electricity) the previous months - have been $1437, but this year I expect about $870.

Avg. Monthly Temps:

image.png.5e6b59a55539f6a121cad2998449fbf1.png

image.png.0705760fe02c3b25cb831671f0c2e70e.png

We've been lucky so far in central Maryland - but we've had 6" snows in the middle of March in the past, so I'm not moving the shovels, salt, boots, etc. off the ready position on the back porch for another month.

We've had one snow I had to shovel plus a couple where I just had to brush off the porches and push the shovel through an inch of snow on the sidewalks.  We had a couple more where it was warm enough the next day that the Sun melted the snow off the sidewalks and streets.