I miss the hard men of the forum.

Wilbur

25 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

I have met Indy.  He is a nice guy IRL. 

I am sure he is.  I think he misses data assumed in the non-verbal aspect of online communications and assumes the missing bit is critical or serious, and that might be why he seems so quick to take offense at times.  Most times I saw him fly off the handle, it was for something that seemed mostly innocuous to me.  You gotta roll with it, people are or can seem to be asses at times when the assery is meant in another way or really isn't there at all.

• Heart 2

1 hour ago, Bag of Dicks said:

I am sure he is.  I think he misses data assumed in the non-verbal aspect of online communications and assumes the missing bit is critical or serious, and that might be why he seems so quick to take offense at times.  Most times I saw him fly off the handle, it was for something that seemed mostly innocuous to me.  You gotta roll with it, people are or can seem to be asses at times when the assery is meant in another way or really isn't there at all.

agree.  

• Heart 1

8 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Indy, Goat Geddah, Nate.  They could be funny as hell for a bunch of no BS types.  

Nate was a favorite of mine.  He had no interest in anyone from the forum keeping in touch, which sucks, I would have happily stayed in contact with him.   He did take things a bit far, but that was his brand, and he was generally good at it.  He did get angry at some folks in an unpleasant way, though.

Indy hates me now because of some bookface echo chamber crap.  Having no back-down is a very good thing in certain situations, but is bad in others, especially if you fight with people not trying to fight with you on the forum, which happened with some frequency.

Goat got so busy being the supposed righteous center of the universe and all "rich guys are never wrong and are always right and I am rich, so...".  Pretty insufferable, but I remember a time when he wasn't always up his own ass at every turn.   Newsflash to people like that;  You can be rich and NOT be an asshole, I know of few of them.  

I generally like a no BS approach, but their no BS approach came with a lot of other BS, unfortunately.  Maybe everybody is their own worst enemy at times, I suppose we shouldn't pillory excessively.   Nobody is perfect.

• Heart 1