I'm bored

BR46

The weather suck outside, the tavern down the street is closed because of the ice storm. I could go out to the garage and find something to work on but I'm waiting on parts and I'm not exactly UPS or mail delivery today. 

I think that I will grab a beer and go to the garage and find something to do. 

• Heart 2
  • Hugs 1

29 minutes ago, BR46 said:

The weather suck outside, the tavern down the street is closed because of the ice storm. I could go out to the garage and find something to work on but I'm waiting on parts and I'm not exactly UPS or mail delivery today. 

How bad was the ice storm? My mother cancelled her eye appointment because of it. I told her to stay home, make a nice dinner, and have a Manhattan.

• Heart 1

7 minutes ago, denniS said:

How bad was the ice storm? My mother cancelled her eye appointment because of it. I told her to stay home, make a nice dinner, and have a Manhattan.

Not bad but just enuff to make driving miserable. The city is keeping main street in good shape but I need to go anywhere and I don't even want to attempt the hill I live on.

I don't need to go anywhere....I was planning on going to home depot but it can wait.

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, BuffJim said:

My brother on the other side of the state, he works in LaCrosse, said they were getting the ice last night. A nice coating. Or an ice coating. Not sure which. 

I like the LaCrosse area. A lot of nice motorcycle rides in that area. 

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, BR46 said:

We've got 60's weather but rainy, so I'm stuck inside today.  It's expected to end tomorrow AM.  If so, I'll walk Jake in a tee shirt in 68° weather in the early afternoon Wed.

7 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Then it's time to go to RG school.

Stroke it.

Or the other trick..........longer rods and shorter pistons (higher wrist pins)

The rules are stock stroke stock phase. 

After I built the sidecar motor I found out that some of the motorcycle racers are using Honda CR500 rods in the Yamaha XS650 motor with JE pistons because the rods are 7mm longer. 

In the SC2 sidecar class I have the most hp out of everyone but racing against the BMWs they have a longer stroke motor and lower center of gravity so they corner faster and come out of the corner faster. 

1 hour ago, Square Wheels said:

When you say sidecar, do you literally mean the sidecar attached to the motorcycle and that has its own engine?

Street motorcycle have a sidecar bolted to the motorcycle. In sidecar racing it is a purpose built machine and the motorcycle and sidecar are all one frame. I'm running a short wheelbase frame 

This is a typical vintage sidecar long wheelbase frame....top speed 110mph

sirrell2-scaled.thumb.jpg.0b9e39280ee03dfe2b67841b5ece953f.jpg

This is a typical F1 frame...top speed with a 600cc motor 150mph with 1000cc motorcycle 180mph...at the Isle of Man they are restricted to 600cc because the 1000cc were going over 200mph.

garage-sidecar.jpg.d7b38a96f5d143d73408588d8701c08d.jpg

53 minutes ago, BR46 said:

Street motorcycle have a sidecar bolted to the motorcycle. In sidecar racing it is a purpose built machine and the motorcycle and sidecar are all one frame. I'm running a short wheelbase frame 

This is a typical vintage sidecar long wheelbase frame....top speed 110mph

sirrell2-scaled.thumb.jpg.0b9e39280ee03dfe2b67841b5ece953f.jpg

This is a typical F1 frame...top speed with a 600cc motor 150mph with 1000cc motorcycle 180mph...at the Isle of Man they are restricted to 600cc because the 1000cc were going over 200mph.

garage-sidecar.jpg.d7b38a96f5d143d73408588d8701c08d.jpg

Not many arguments over chain lube there.

• Heart 1