I inherited this

dinneR

Just now, Thaddeus Kosciuszko said:

That's an Italian pistol.  Was he in the Mafia?

I was going to point out that was a Mafia gun as well.

Being part German and part Sicilian I've seen things like that in the drawer of the end table near the front door at relatives homes...........right next to the Canasta Cards.

• Heart 2

9 minutes ago, Thaddeus Kosciuszko said:

That's an Italian pistol.  Was he in the Mafia?

Interestingly, he was Czech, but my father gave it to my uncle on the Italian side of the family. Is there a Czech mafia? I've never heard of one so maybe there is a Czech mafia, but we're not very good at it.

One of my uncles convinced my mom to buy a .25 ACP Barretta pistol after my dad passed similar to that.  I fired it a few times but that caliber is pretty weak. I’d rather have a 380 if I was going to keep a smaller caliber pistol for self defense. 

From a historical stand point it’s pretty cool! 

49 minutes ago, Zealot said:

Nice!  Still in working order? Have you fired it?

It looks like it's never been fired, but there are three bullets missing from the boxes so maybe it was. I did not fire it and left it behind since I was flying home. Maybe this summer.

42 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

One of my uncles convinced my mom to buy a .25 ACP Barretta pistol after my dad passed similar to that.  I fired it a few times but that caliber is pretty weak. I’d rather have a 380 if I was going to keep a smaller caliber pistol for self defense. 

From a historical stand point it’s pretty cool! 

I agree. I have no interest in a weapon for self-defense. I'm curious why my grandfather bought it. From a historical perspective, it's kind of cool. I'd consider selling it, but it's a piece of family history, so I'll hang on to it for while. 

• Heart 2

23 minutes ago, denniS said:

It looks like it's never been fired, but there are three bullets missing from the boxes so maybe it was. I did not fire it and left it behind since I was flying home. Maybe this summer.

I agree. I have no interest in a weapon for self-defense. I'm curious why my grandfather bought it. From a historical perspective, it's kind of cool. I'd consider selling it, but it's a piece of family history, so I'll hang on to it for while. 

I would want to take it to a range and have some fun with it, it looks kinda cool. 

I seriously would consider it in a jersey pocket, too.  I have been buzzed by drivers a couple of times, there might be a particularly crazy one that might stop you and want to cause you real harm. 

• Heart 1

3 minutes ago, Bag of Dicks said:

I would want to take it to a range and have some fun with it, it looks kinda cool. 

I seriously would consider it in a jersey pocket, too.  I have been buzzed by drivers a couple of times, there might be a particularly crazy one that might stop you and want to cause you real harm. 

I'll take it and have some fun with it this summer.

I like finding the weird things my grandfather bought. He was a thrift store junkie and he'd give me random crap.

• Heart 2

22 minutes ago, Bag of Dicks said:

Every time I hear of people wanting to carry this song goes through my head.  I see very few instances where someone is better off carrying than not.

36 minutes ago, denniS said:

I'll take it and have some fun with it this summer.

I like finding the weird things my grandfather bought. He was a thrift store junkie and he'd give me random crap.

I have a cool bottle opener my grandfather gave me while I was in college, I am guessing he got it at a flea market.  It is the only thing I have of any of my grandparents, I really love it!

13 hours ago, denniS said:

Interestingly, he was Czech, but my father gave it to my uncle on the Italian side of the family. Is there a Czech mafia? I've never heard of one so maybe there is a Czech mafia, but we're not very good at it.

Irishmen like Whitey Bulger have been in the Mafia.  Some Czechs could have been involved, too, if they knew the right (wrong?) people.