I made pizza tonight, with fresh mushrooms

Randomguy

9 hours ago, Bag of Dicks said:

There were other things on it, too. A little spinach, a little red pepper, a little asparagus, some kalamata olives.  

It was a really good pizza, but I kept thinking it would be so much better with canned mushrooms. 

The end. 

I keep looking at low-carb, diabetic-friendly, pizza dough recipes, pizza accessories, and cheap automatic breadmakers - I just want one to make the dough I'm too lazy to knead - and intend to return to the pizza making I used to do before I had a monitor that instantly told me what typical wheat dough did to my blood sugar levels.

30 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Was this why you were up in the middle of the night?

My sleep sucks.  I got 7 hours two nights ago, which is the most I have had by far in the last month or so.  4 hours last night, which seems about average.

I wake up for any reason and start to think and I am done, can rarely get back to sleep.  Lots to worry about, moreso when you can't sleep, being tired all the time doesn't help.

9 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

I'm sorry, I can not agree about the canned mushrooms. 

Tip: chop the mushrooms smaller.  You will have less liquid.  You can also gently cook the shrooms in a pan to release some liquid.  

We make pizza, and when I add something like red onion or mushrooms, thinner wins every time.  Considering cook time, a fat "fresh" mushroom wouldn't cook up as well.  And regarding canned mushroom, well, RG is just a lunatic.

• Thank You 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bag of Dicks said:

My sleep sucks.  I got 7 hours two nights ago, which is the most I have had by far in the last month or so.  4 hours last night, which seems about average.

I wake up for any reason and start to think and I am done, can rarely get back to sleep.  Lots to worry about, moreso when you can't sleep, being tired all the time doesn't help.

Pot gummies?

Speaking of mushrooms, I have a science project in my spare room with mushroom stumps.  Not sure what is happening in there.  I think I may just buy some plugs and grow them in the garden area. I am super excited about my garden.  More infrastructure going in this weekend or next.  We need fencing.  Big fencing.  :)  Bambi is here and munching away.  

• Heart 1

Just now, Dirtyhip said:

Speaking of mushrooms, I have a science project in my spare room with mushroom stumps.  Not sure what is happening in there.  I think I may just buy some plugs and grow them in the garden area. I am super excited about my garden.  More infrastructure going in this weekend or next.  We need fencing.  Big fencing.  :)  Bambi is here and munching away.  

Something eats holes through my plastic fence. :(