My wife is a terrible Buddhist

Square Wheels

15 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

She is so in love with the sloth mug that one of you kind folks sent me.  She is worried about breaking it, so she hunted down a replacement.  It's not currently available on Amazon, so she found it from another seller and spent $40 on it!

Years ago, I gave my wife a monogrammed mug that was the perfect size and shape.  It was her everyday mug. She loved it.  I was at work one day and got "the call".  She broke the mug :( 

Luckily, I remembered where I got it originally and ordered a replacement.  But I only got one. If this one breaks, it's not likely getting replaced again.  I'm still praying my coffee cup stays safe, but that also is irreplaceable now :(  

• Heart 2

And gently remind your wife of impermanence.

Practitioners have always understood impermanence as the cornerstone of Buddhist teachings and practice. All that exists is impermanent; nothing lasts. Therefore nothing can be grasped or held onto. When we don’t fully appreciate this simple but profound truth we suffer, as did the monks who descended into misery and despair at the Buddha’s passing. When we do, we have real peace and understanding, as did the monks who remained fully mindful and calm.

• Heart 2

2 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

And gently remind your wife of impermanence.

Practitioners have always understood impermanence as the cornerstone of Buddhist teachings and practice. All that exists is impermanent; nothing lasts. Therefore nothing can be grasped or held onto. When we don’t fully appreciate this simple but profound truth we suffer, as did the monks who descended into misery and despair at the Buddha’s passing. When we do, we have real peace and understanding, as did the monks who remained fully mindful and calm.

hence, the title of this thread

• Heart 1

44 minutes ago, jsharrwick said:

Sonny made me a mug .  I dropped it .  No replacement is available 

RO made me a mug I love.  Dishwasher pods took at least half the paint off, so I don't use it anymore, at least not daily use.

Cascade platinum dishwasher pods are great, btw, they strip everything off and get everything extremely clean.  Old stuff doesn't stand up to it, though.

• Hugs 1

2 minutes ago, Bag of Dicks said:

RO made me a mug I love.  Dishwasher pods took at least half the paint off, so I don't use it anymore, at least not daily use.

Cascade platinum dishwasher pods are great, btw, they strip everything off and get everything extremely clean.  Old stuff doesn't stand up to it, though.

Only animals throw everything into the dishwasher.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1