Finishing Fourth!

Razors Edge

9 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

You sing to yourself?

You need to include the metrics I'm sure the camera is capturing - watts, HR, speed...

Also, nice stopping at the stop sign.

Constantly singing, whistling, or grunting! I'm not a quiet person.

Adding the overlay's is a PITA, and I would need my production assistant - @donkpow - to really take an interest in things.

Stop signs are for losers. 

4 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

I think we all need to advocate for better treatment as a cyclist, and running red lights / stop signs does not help our cause.  

Yeah, you should come down here and have a meeting with the trail users and the cross traffic vehicles.  You might talk some sense into folks!  

1 hour ago, Square Wheels said:

I avoid MUPs if possible.  I rode them a bit when riding into work.  Too many people, kids, pets...

Yeah, the closer you get to DC, the more folks you see. The better the temps, the more folks you see.

But as resource for cyclists and other folks out exercising, it is the Gold Standard.  My trail is 45 miles long, and takes you from just across the river from DC to the rural countryside where there are hills, gravel roads, farms, and lots of great ROADS to ride.   On the trail or on the road, I treat all intersections the same - ones with lights, stop signs, crosswalks, yields, whatever - assess the situation and proceed when safe.

I'm able to navigate people, kids, pets, etc., by being aware and riding defensively. It is similar to road riding, or skiing, or mountain biking, or basketball, or visiting the mall.  Pay attention, adjust to circumstances, and basically stay within your limits.

2 hours ago, donkpow said:

That's pretty good. I think she looked at you in a, you know, lusting manner.

What's your cadence?

She did, for sure!

Cadence is all over the place! I'm a 80s average, but in stop and go, it's not really sustainable.

4 minutes ago, donkpow said:

Thinking about a suitable piece of music. 

I like what you did here. Good story. Nice drama. Not too long. 

We'll need to collaborate on getting the metrics displayed so @Square Wheels will get off my back!  I added those little notes, which I thought was pretty good :)

Just now, Razors Edge said:

We'll need to collaborate on getting the metrics displayed so @Square Wheels will get off my back!  I added those little notes, which I thought was pretty good :)

Get a better camera.

I had a Garmin camera for a short time, bought it for a few epic rides, then sold it.

It showed whatever data I wanted, no extra work needed.

Just now, Square Wheels said:

Get a better camera.

I had a Garmin camera for a short time, bought it for a few epic rides, then sold it.

It showed whatever data I wanted, no extra work needed.

Yeah - the challenge is when I start editing.  Things get wonky.  I think folks like less clutter, but some data nerds (like us) might enjoy all the overlays.

I'm not sure what options I had, but this is one of my recordings.

First, I am not fast or strong.

My heart rate monitor crapped out at the very end.  :(  I don't remember breathing for about a minute or so.

I cannot sustain some of the power numbers I did during this ride.

I was bouncing between 200 and 600 at the very end, crazy steep.

Just now, Square Wheels said:

I'm not sure what options I had, but this is one of my recordings.

First, I am not fast or strong.

My heart rate monitor crapped out at the very end.  :(  I don't remember breathing for about a minute or so.

I cannot sustain some of the power numbers I did during this ride.

I was bouncing between 200 and 600 at the very end, crazy steep.

This only has 10 views.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

That alone deserves a like.

On my old laptop, I had the Garmin Virb software that would do the sync between a .fit file and the video.  There was also another software that did similar overlays.  The GoPro app can do some overlays as well.  

5 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

On my old laptop, I had the Garmin Virb software that would do the sync between a .fit file and the video.  There was also another software that did similar overlays.  The GoPro app can do some overlays as well.  

Look, this is all about me.  I meant my video deserved a like.  It currently has 10 views, no comments, and no likes.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, donkpow said:

I could give you a dislike, if that would help. I'm not watching an hour and half of guys riding bicycles.

Under 2 minutes is the sweet spot.  SW seems to be giving you an option to just "watch the last 2 min" of his epic, so that's nice too.

On 2/24/2022 at 10:42 AM, donkpow said:

That's pretty good. I think she looked at you in a, you know, lusting manner.

What's your cadence?

I had a close sprint yesterday, and moved up to a podium spot!  :happyanim:

I was trying not to pass a guy for several miles and doing a zig zag to keep a nice gap from his rear wheel.  I hate drafting but I also hate yo-yoing with folks who get aggro when passed.  So, I slowed my roll and just kept him in front of me for a while.  As we approached the top of a long gradual climb, we caught up to a larger guy who was not too quick on a mild incline.  But, at under 100' feet to the end of the climb, my guy decided to whip around the slower guy, but then immediately slowed and came to a stop on the shoulder at the top.  I could only chuckle.  

Funny, though, is that the slow guy also didn't like being passed, and he worked hard to grab my wheel, but fell off when the road went up a bit.

• Envious 1