Jump to content

I've never heard of this topless beach challenge


MickinMD
 Share

Recommended Posts

ABC reported this:

OCEAN CITY, Md. -- Keep those tops on in Ocean City, ladies. The U.S. Supreme Court declined Tuesday to hear a challenge of the Maryland beach town's 2017 ordinance banning topless sunbathing by women, while allowing men to go bare-chested, The Daily Record reported.

I think that, before 2017, they didn't have many topless women on the 70 blocks of beach but suddenly did and passed an anti-topless ordnance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites



That type of situation just makes the woman a laughing case...and me not knowing the details of case. It doesn't matter, just a sketchy news title, etc. is enough for joke spinning.

I wonder if topless might go down abit in some areas of Europe...since sun is damaging to skin over time,   It's like a woman not wearing a bra which looks voluptuous...but reaching in upper tiers of age, it's not pleasant for some women.

We ended up going to topless beach on a small Greek island. And we  had zero idea that this was a topless beach in advance. My friends never suspected anything nor asked. They were from Canada but could speak Greek very well  and  read  basic Greek (older siblings were born in Greece).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I applaud topless women at the beach, there is no reason men can go topless and women can't.  I would be happy to see and support civil disobedience at a clearly discriminatory and sexist law.  I hope that group of troublemaking (to repressed and repressive sexist buttnoses) group of lawyers, the ACLU, makes it a cause.

This is not what you think, btw.  I have been to topless beaches in Europe and after a short while you really don't much notice anymore.  It is simply a sexist practice to restrict women from having the same rights as dudes.

  • Like 3
  • Awesome 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Bag of Dicks said:

I applaud topless women at the beach, there is no reason men can go topless and women can't.  I would be happy to see and support civil disobedience at a clearly discriminatory and sexist law.  I hope that group of troublemaking (to repressed and repressive sexist buttnoses) group of lawyers, the ACLU, makes it a cause.

This is not what you think, btw.  I have been to topless beaches in Europe and after a short while you really don't much notice anymore.  It is simply a sexist practice to restrict women from having the same rights as dudes.

Americans are much more prudish than euro’s.  I had been to beaches in Holland and most women were topless.  Most American men have visions of young models prancing about but the reality much different.

My mom used to have numerous Dutch magazines sent to her and I remember many of the ads and articles had topless women and nude men.  I haven’t watched TV in Holland since 2000 but commercials had frontal nudity.  

It’s really not that big a deal. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think there are other  battles worth spending more time and effort for gender parity, women contributing their brains/smarts equally at the table...senior corporate board of directors, etc. Lots of qualified women  these days.

Or just reducing  problems...domestic violence, etc.

Breasts not exposed to much sun, the skin is just better...not that I have to repeat something so obvious in this forum.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Bag of Dicks said:

I applaud topless women at the beach, there is no reason men can go topless and women can't.  I would be happy to see and support civil disobedience at a clearly discriminatory and sexist law.  I hope that group of troublemaking (to repressed and repressive sexist buttnoses) group of lawyers, the ACLU, makes it a cause.

The good news is the all parts of society ought to be able to easily agree and readily correct OC's error.  I'd be fine with either requiring men to wear tops, or allowing women to also go topless, but either way, it must be the same across the board.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, shootingstar said:

I think there are other  battles worth spending more time and effort for gender parity

Certainly there are other problems.  This one is easy to fix, though, so no need to dodge the issue whilst other issues are being worked through.  Cut and dried, clear as day, just stop criminalizing shirtless chicks.  

In NYC, chicks can just splash their boobs in everyone's face at any time, it is all legal here.  If you want to sun in the park or ride the subway or just walk about town with boobs flying everywhere, it is all good and within the law.  Not many people do it, but they can if they want to.  Last summer the gf and I went for a walkabout in a park near alphabet city, and spied a gaggle of 4 women sitting on a blanket and having a picnic, not one of them covering up above the waist.  We looked for a quick second and then wandered away.  I might have looked a second longer than the gf, but not noticeably so.  Anyway, no yokels gawked and pointed or took photos, no perverts started rubbing one out, the chicks were just having a nice picnic with the other park-goers and that was the end of it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Bag of Dicks said:

Certainly there are other problems.  This one is easy to fix, though, so no need to dodge the issue whilst other issues are being worked through.  Cut and dried, clear as day, just stop criminalizing shirtless chicks.  

In NYC, chicks can just splash their boobs in everyone's face at any time, it is all legal here.  If you want to sun in the park or ride the subway or just walk about town with boobs flying everywhere, it is all good and within the law.  Not many people do it, but they can if they want to.  Last summer the gf and I went for a walkabout in a park near alphabet city, and spied a gaggle of 4 women sitting on a blanket and having a picnic, not one of them covering up above the waist.  We looked for a quick second and then wandered away.  I might have looked a second longer than the gf, but not noticeably so.  Anyway, no yokels gawked and pointed or took photos, no perverts started rubbing one out, the chicks were just having a nice picnic with the other park-goers and that was the end of it.

Seriously? I would be surprised Toronto is like that now. Vancouver has a known little beach in city tucked away, where people go topless...this is for years. Otherwise not aware of other places yet. 

I don't think it's allowed in prairie city. Frankly it doesn't get that  "hot" in summer (which is not as hot as Toronto or Vancouver) in that type of way to strip down. Our true summer doesn't start  until near end of June. That's just my opinion after living for a number of years in the other 2 Canadian cities.  So  I think I honestly do have real experience of living all for 4 seasons for these regions of Canada for awhile and seeing other people's behaviours.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...